Posted at 1:07 PM ET, 12/14/2010

Oregon uniforms for BCS title game designed to 'look like blur'

By Cindy Boren

oregonunis.jpgNike has unveiled the uniforms the University of Oregon Ducks will wear when they play Auburn in the BCS Championship Game.

Like Oregon's game, speed was the concept behind the design and Ducks Coach Chip Kelly was even consulted by Nike's designer.

"We worked with him and designed something that will actually look like blur on the field," designer Todd Van Horne said.

A big, green potentially nauseating blur. Love the socks, though. From the Oregon website:

The cleat and sock combination will probably draw the most buzz. The cleat changes from a grey/silver color at the toe to a lime green at the heel, which blends into the socks. The effect that combo creates at full speed is thought to be a blur.

By Cindy Boren  | December 14, 2010; 1:07 PM ET
Categories:  College football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin and Crosby? The price is right.
Next: Joe Smith, Sasha Vujacic part of Lakers, Rockets, Nets trade

Comments

Actually, there is almost no green in this uniform ... it's white yellow and silver.

Posted by: LNKruger | December 14, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I don't get it.

Posted by: Eman8 | December 14, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

bleh!

Posted by: ey22314 | December 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

So why is it that Nike is allowed to keep funding an NCAA team? This looks like what a pro team would do. I guess Nike really is the "owner" as most of my Oregon friends would claim. This doesn't seem like fair play. No wonder they are on top - best owner in college football. Does anyone care?

Posted by: RandyCrow | December 14, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Man, those puko green socks with the white shoes have got to go. Looks like a comic book character.

Posted by: upperdeck4 | December 14, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

RandyCrow, I live in Oregon, and Duck backers out here love the Nike relationship.

And they don't see anything wrong with it, because it's within NCAA rules, I guess, so conceivably the school (er, team) is not receiving any benefit that any other school could receive.

But it all seems incredibly sleazy to me. And it makes them hard for me to root for in just about any game unless they're playing some school I absolutely despise.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 14, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Phil Knight is a graduate of UO.

Anyway, they have many, many different uniforms (pretty sure Nike donates them all to the school) - a few look good but most of them are butt-ugly - like the one above.

Posted by: charley42 | December 14, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

How is what Knight does at Oregon any different than what Kevin Plank has done at Maryland? Both schools are very fortunate to have such generous alums.

I have to admit that these uniforms actually look quite nice. I'm surprised by the number of OU alums I've run into recently in the area. I didn't realize that they had such a large following out here.

Posted by: Terps04 | December 14, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse