Posted at 7:56 AM ET, 12/17/2010

Tony Romo engaged to Candice Crawford as Dallas week loses its oomph

By Cindy Boren

romocrawford.jpg
Tony Romo and Candice Crawford at a Mavs game. (Associated Press)

It's Dallas week in Washington (and Washington week in Dallas), but it doesn't seem possible, though, because of the decided lack of smack talk. Both teams have struggled, sure, but please...where is the hate? Where is the swagger, the bravado? Even false bravado. Something along the lines of this from Braylon Edwards: "I hate Pittsburgh. It's cold. Terrible field. It's not fun in any regard. There's nothing about Pittsburgh that I like."

Tony Romo got engaged, taking a knee (thank you, Jonathan Forsythe) and proposing matrimony to former Miss Missouri/Dallas reporter Candice Crawford, the sister of Chace Crawford. There's even a photo of her engagement ring on the website of the TV station she works for. Nice ring. The closest TR is gonna get to one. See? You can work with that.

By Cindy Boren  | December 17, 2010; 7:56 AM ET
Categories:  NFL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Michael Vick: 'I wish I could' own a dog ... for his kids
Next: Donovan McNabb benched; Rex Grossman to start: Your reaction

Comments

Who's Chace Crawford?

Posted by: llrllr | December 17, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, who is this Chace Crawford?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | December 17, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Both teams have struggled, sure, but please...where is the hate? Where is the swagger, the bravado? Even false bravado.My boyfriend thinks the same as I do. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at agegaplove``.com a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

Posted by: sasago | December 17, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

WHY are you reporting this crap in a Washington newspaper in the sports pages? Are you out of your mind?

Posted by: dcjazzman | December 17, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Who cares. He won't even be the quarterback next year. Dallas is better off with Mark Bulger or John Kitna - who statistically has the same or slightly better numbers than Romo but who absolutely brings better leadership skills to the table.

Posted by: george_w_bush0 | December 17, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Romo got engaged!!!! Wow!!! I think I'm going to wet myself I'm so excited! Hooray for Tony R(H)omo!! I hope the Redskins break his other clavical, crack his ribs in half, bust his leg, and put a forearm to his ugly face in the first game next year and then his despondent new wife dumps his sorry a%S onto the street like a used garbage bag - nothing but a life of misery for the boy blunder. Someone tell me, why do I CARE ABOUT THIS CRAP!!!!!?

Posted by: Capitalist-1 | December 17, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Capitalist-1,

Easy on the roids dude.

Posted by: netwitone | December 17, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Funny how quickly someone can go from being together with one woman to now being engaged to another. I know this happens to non-celebrities too, but it seems to happen a lot more to the famous. Of course, the famous also get divorced at drastically higher rates than the rest of the public...

Posted by: Barno1 | December 17, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

wow, this crap article reminds me of the gutless garbage the rest of the jealous tea bag lovers here say about dallas. he may never get a ring, but he will and has had chances. the skins have not won the division in over 10 years and may not get a sniff of a draft pick below number 5 for the next decade. worry about this skank farm and losers before you start banging on romo or dallas. you would take him over anyone in team history but that buck toothed rodent jurgensen or baugh. the rest are bowel blockage at best. so take your 2 strike bowl 8 game trophies and the 1 ligit from the civil war and leave your penis envy out of it.

Posted by: doyouktt | December 17, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Hey Tony, when you are out with a beautiful woman, please dress appropriately.

Posted by: GBED989 | December 17, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse