Posted at 4:08 PM ET, 01/ 8/2011

NFL wild-card weekend live: Saints-Seahawks, Jets-Colts

By Cindy Boren

Herewith, your live, in-game thread. Tweet your way up here (#NFLWP) or join me in the comments. I'm going to go with the Colts over the Jets in tonight's game, but first, there's just something about the Seahawks at home...maybe it's a Redskins thing...but I'm going to pick them to get past the Saints this afternoon. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Your NFL tweets live here with #nflwp:

By Cindy Boren  | January 8, 2011; 4:08 PM ET
Categories:  NFL
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tony Sparano gets contract extension through '13 from Miami Dolphins
Next: Christina-Taylor Green, granddaughter of Dallas Green, dies in Arizona shooting

Comments

Looks as if it's dry in Seattle...

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Bill Barnwell of the Football Outsiders notes: Saints score 26.5 ppg when Reggie Bush plays, 28.9 ppg when he doesn't.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Bye, Seahawks.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Gregg Williams in Seattle.
That defense is eerily familiar.

Posted by: daggar | January 8, 2011 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I was going to suggest you begin to blog the winged unicorn special on Shanimal Planet, but this could be a contest after all.

Or more realistically, the 7 and 9ers might cover the spread.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 8, 2011 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Daggar and Smack! I am happy now! Of course, that could be the Dogfish barking. Er, typing.
Don't tell me who wins the unicorn special. I'm DVRing it.
(How you feeling about Jason Garrett, Smack?)

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 5:36 PM | Report abuse

What prizes are we bloggas competing for tonight? And did you really mean to invite SMACK? I thought this was an exclusive blog spot, not like Redskins Insider.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 8, 2011 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Beep-beep! Tonight, you are competing for ... an actual Washington Post notepad, 'cause sometimes you need to write stuff down, taken straight from our supply room. (I could throw in some Clorox wipes, too) Please remember that this is only wild-care weekend. Prizes will improve. And for God's sake, don't tell the suits about the notepad.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 5:56 PM | Report abuse

And Smack is always welcome because he's an original hamsta.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm calling the final score

Saints 41
Seahawks 37

I was hoping the prize would be "Heavy Metal Parking Lot," autographed by Chris Cooley. That never did get awarded, did it?

Posted by: beep-beep | January 8, 2011 6:15 PM | Report abuse

And beep, I'm an actual subscriber. I subsidize RI to allow myself bonus access to this VIP lounge.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 8, 2011 6:23 PM | Report abuse

You're probably right that Seattle won't hold on ... Jasno never did deliver, did he? You should poke him about that on Twitter.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I just feel like the failure to deliver the DVD does not bode well for the proffered and obsolete Washington Post notepad.

Also, I'm revising my prediction

Saints 26
Seahawks 52

Could you go back and delete my earlier prediction? Thanks a bunch.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 8, 2011 6:38 PM | Report abuse

I must be in some kind of rabbithole. You hand off to Julius Jones?

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 8, 2011 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Unlike Jasno, I deliver. All I need is an address. And a WaPo notepad isn't obsolete at all! People still write stuff down occasionally, I'm pretty sure.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 7:01 PM

If people still wrote stuff down, then the notepad wouldn't be sitting there in the supply room. I'd like to change my prediction again:

Saints 44
Seahawks 37

Could you go back and change the numbers in my two earlier predictions? Thanks.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 8, 2011 7:28 PM | Report abuse

I'm out of the loop. What are the new OT rules?

Cindy, per your first comment, it is indeed dry out here today. Expecting rain/snow tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night. Chance of snow later this week.

Go Saints.

Posted by: freakzilla | January 8, 2011 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Hold on Stinchcombe looks like the holds on Orakpo that never get called.

Posted by: beep-beep | January 8, 2011 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Freak! Nice to see you. I just did a post on the OT change, but here you go...

The team that gets the ball first in overtime can win the game by scoring a touchdown. If that team gets a field goal, its opponent gets a possession with a chance to tie the score with a field goal or win it with a touchdown. If that team gets a tying field goal, the game proceeds on a sudden-death basis. If neither team scores on its first possession of overtime, the game is sudden death from there.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 7:43 PM | Report abuse

This always the best football weekend of the year.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 8, 2011 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Does the greatness of the first game mean the nightcap will stink? Nah, how can it? It's Peyton vs. the Rexettes.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the info, Cindy. I remember reading something about that a few months ago, didn't know it was actually being implemented.

I still think it's pathetic that Seattle is in the playoffs after finishing 7-9. I just did the math, and for Seattle to end the season with a winning record (that is, above .500), they would have to win the Super Bowl.

They're now 8-9. Win next week and they're 9-9 (lose and they're 8-10). Win the NFC, and they're 10-9 (lose and they're 9-10). Win the Super Bowl and they're 11-9 (lose and they're 10-10).

My guess is, they lose next week and finish 8-10. Take Seattle out of Qwest Field -- which really is hellaciously loud, especially for a playoff game -- and they're a different team.

The Seahawks fans will be more unbearable than usual this week.

Posted by: freakzilla | January 8, 2011 8:10 PM | Report abuse

No way Seattle wins next week.

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 8, 2011 8:26 PM | Report abuse