Posted at 8:28 AM ET, 02/ 2/2011

Reaction: Daniel Snyder seeks dismissal of Washington City Paper writer

By Cindy Boren

danielsnyder.jpgWashington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is seeking the dismissal of Washington City Paper writer Dave McKenna because of a story he wrote in November, as Paul Farhi reported today.

Here's a sampling of reaction from Twitter and Post readers.

What's your reaction to the story?

@NattyBo: I am SHOCKED Dan Snyder is being an egomaniacal control freak re: McKenna. SHOCKED I tell you.

@jimbradysp: Thanks to the threat, now thousands more will read McKenna's encyclopedic story. Seems like a waste of Snyder's time.

@LearnedHand: what a punk.

@thebrowncoat: It amazes me Snyder's even responding to this. How thin-skinned can you be? Grow up Danny.

@bradduggan: never good when your team owner has the same tendencies as Egyptian dictators.

@ChrisKinard: how does no one @ the Skins raise their hand & say: it makes us look even worse for suing a journalist 4 making us look bad

@dcborn61: Oh Mr. Snyder, exactly who is advising you on PR? Because threatening to sue @wcp? Skin...thicken...soon.

@Unsilent: And now for the least surprising news of the year, Dan Snyder is trying to get Dave McKenna fired. Kornheiser approves.

@abeaujon: If Dan Snyder wants to get Dave McKenna fired, he should ask his employee Tony Kornheiser for tips: http://bit.ly/M3wzp

@ldrabick: Hey Dan Snyder, George Orwell called. He wants his 1984 back.

@LaVarArrington: Redskins owner Dan Snyder seeks dismissal of City Paper writer http://t.co/ZHZtgcY this is crazy to me what do you think?y stir the pot?

A sampling of Post reader comments on the story...

: I'm not defending Snyder as I don't like the way he runs the Skins but how would you feel and react if someone wrote an article summing up ONLY all the mistakes and dumb things you've done for the last 10 years?

BriBonano: Dan Snyder should now be familiar with a thing called the "Streisand Effect". A few years ago a Tabloid took some photos of her new beach house, she didn't like that and wanted them kept secret, so she sued. Turns out, this action ended up drawing much attention to these photos and they were all over the place.

Dan Snyder, who is supposed to be media savvy since he ran a media company, doesn't know this still. He is threatening to sue a reporter over a story that ran months ago, in a very small local newspaper and long forgotten. But since he has chosen the legal route, this thing is growing hair.

And THAT is the Striesand Effect, Dan.

"Never pick a fight with people that buy ink by the barrel." someone once said.

jab00: Synder is nothting but a thug. He's going to try to bully small papers into writing more flattering pieces about him? The owners of City Paper need to stand their ground. Thinking someone is a buffoon is not defamation.

oldnova: Snyder made his bed.

He took one of sport's greatest franchises and ruined it.

He cannot be condemned enough!

vztownes: Snyder is one of the few personalities in and around DC who is capable of instilling bipartisan hatred and revulsion.

Jimof1913: Can you sue someone for publishing the truth? The items mentioned in the story are things that have been published in major papers previously.

thorhero: I hope Snyder sues the hell out of City Paper!

djwonder36: Like we need any more proof that Dan Snyder is a jerk:
"I can BE a jerk, but you can't CALL me a jerk!"

markfromark: Just when you think the guy can't get any worse, he ups the ante.

PS7900: Good. I'm glad he's smacking back at these papers. The POST has been irresponsible in their systemic attacks on he and the organization for years. Take 'em to court and make them spend their resources. I like it.

dcresident21: Note to Danny's Lawyers:

Wondering why it takes so long to actually file the lawsuit?

Answer: The ultimate defense to an allegation of Libel is THE TRUTH.

And, looking at the list of McKenna's article, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH DANNY SYNDER!"

FedUpInMoCo: I want to thank Dan Snyder for bringing this amusing piece by Mr. McKenna to our attention.

By Cindy Boren  | February 2, 2011; 8:28 AM ET
Categories:  NFL, Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maurkice Pouncey says there's a 75-percent chance he'll play in Super Bowl
Next: Le'Ron McClain echoes Joe Flacco's support of Jim Zorn

Comments

Oh, man, this is hilarious.

This is purely harassment by Snyder. Sullivan standard, folks. Any lawyer will tell him in ten minutes that his chances of prevailing are VERY VERY low.

So this is just about being a jerk, and making CP spend some money.

If the people around Dan Snyder can't tell him what an awful idea this is, he is being very poorly served.

Memo to DS: You do realize that if you sue the CP, your operation of the Skins pretty much becomes an open book. All your ex-employees are open to being deposed. Can you imagine MARTY getting deposed about HIS time with the Danny?>

Oh, this is great. Anyone want to bet this NEVER gets filed?

Posted by: Gunga2009 | February 2, 2011 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I seek Snyder's dismissal.

Posted by: grouchcouch | February 2, 2011 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Did he hurt your feelings danny boy? Can a writer be sued for telling the truth? Grow up and realize you are the biggest joke in sports.

Posted by: e-dboyers | February 2, 2011 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I shared this with my Facebook friends. I hope this goes viral!

Posted by: Misty630 | February 2, 2011 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Prohibiting signs at Fed Ex. Suing newspapers. Hmm, seems like a trend.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | February 2, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Vinny Cerrato is Danny's PR flak now ... the decision-making here seems spot-on.

When Danny loses this lawsuit (last I checked, satire wasn't illegal), Mr. McKenna will have another item for his OMG-this-is-DUMB list when he revises it in a few years.

Posted by: Diamondback1 | February 2, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I think Snyder is savvy enough to know that this would cause a stir. The timing of the suit is not unintentional. I think he figures that he will get the bad press out of the way now, and by the time the season rolls around, all of us redskins fans will be suckered in again by high priced free agents and new draft picks. It happens every year. I'm not sure we can keep saying that Dan Snyder is the idiot anymore -- it's us.

Posted by: DC07 | February 2, 2011 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Someone needs to tell Snyder and his lawyers what the first defense in a libel suit is: THE STATEMENTS ARE TRUE!!!!!

Posted by: jpcdad | February 2, 2011 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Whatever else, this seems like confirmation that the Redskins are as weak a team as they have been because their owner can't tolerate criticism of his bad ideas.

Posted by: rb63 | February 2, 2011 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Danny Snyder is a putz.

Posted by: googleguy | February 2, 2011 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Maybe we could send Danny to be the new president of Egypt?

Posted by: FLvet | February 2, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

In the words of the late/great Jack Kent Cooke..."Danny my boy, put a winning product on the field and that is all these journalist will have or want to write about." This use to be one of the proudest franchises in the NFL, now it's just a bulletin board for the continuing soap opera material that is all, too prevalent!

Posted by: doadrum | February 2, 2011 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Of course this will only serve to remind everybody what a jerk Danny The Midget is, as if they needed any reminding. (And how gutless all his apologist employees in the media, who are mostly afraid to even mention his name, are.)
Bribed NPS to cut down trees obstructing his view.
Tried to sue widows and orphans for not buying tickets.
Closed "his" stadium to people using the metro or walking until a court stopped him.
Drove several businesses into the ground, after plundering them of their assets.
Continues to ruin a historic football franchise with endless amateurish missteps far too numerous to list here, while ripping them off for every penny he can get his grubby little hands on.

Posted by: jos587 | February 2, 2011 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Snyder is Hosni Mubarak.

Posted by: malcolmyoung1 | February 2, 2011 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I'm an avid reader of the city paper and when I read the article I thought it was hilarious. About time Snyder got some real laughs and wasn't the laughing stock of the NFL.

Posted by: cjride | February 2, 2011 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Can we sue Snyder for assault and battery on a once proud franchise?

Posted by: CHICO13 | February 2, 2011 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Danny, I'm so glad that you brought this article to my attention. I never would have read it otherwise. Now I know even more reasons not to go to Fedex field and overpay for your crappy product.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | February 2, 2011 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Just when I thought it wasn't possible to dislike Snyder MORE than I already do.

Posted by: njacobs | February 2, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

The article is great, and no doubt all true:
Now let's see how Dan-Jazeera and all the other gutless DC media comes to his defense, or just ignores this story. What he is trying to do is intimidate the few in the media he hasn't already bought.
(People like Michaels, Jurgenson, and Czarniak are among his worst lapdogs, of whom there are many in the media he owns.)

Posted by: jos587 | February 2, 2011 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Under First Amendment case law (NY Times vs. Sullivan, 1971), it has been basically impossible for 40 years to sue a newspaper for libel (if you are a public figure).

Snyder's lawyers know this, so their tactic is just litigation as a harassment device. Snyder should be fined, and the lawyers disbarred, for filing a frivolous action and wasting the court's and taxpayers time and money.

and, really, suing the Wash. City Paper?

have they run out of bankrupt 72 year old grandmothers to sue?

Posted by: malcolmyoung1 | February 2, 2011 11:45 AM | Report abuse

jos587 - Sonny Jurgenson is a Hall of Fame QB and nobody's lapdog. Feel free to Google Sonny or maybe take a trip to Canton.

Posted by: oconnra8 | February 2, 2011 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Is there anyone who really likes Dan other than his wife? I know Gibbs appears to like Dan but can not be happy with the fact Dan screwed up his record and legacy.

Dan, making every dime you can will eventually kill you early. If I was in your position, I'd be trying to make every friend I could. Seems like you have a shortage there. Also, let people say whatever they want about you. Sticks and stones.....
Yes, you have made mistakes and in general are a boob, Napoleon complexed idiot, that no one says good things about. But you can change and so can your image.

Posted by: neil64 | February 2, 2011 11:50 AM | Report abuse

On one hand I think people are generally disrespectful in this town. People will say anything. I don't blame Snyder for bringing libel. On the other hand, I gave up my tickets a few years ago because I was tired of how everything was about money and we kept getting squeezed for money at the stadium. I had nose-bleed seats but was happy at the end zone bar until he sealed off the view from those bars. He had one escalator going up to the upper level seats and my uncles almost had heart attacks going to my seats. Plus parking was run awfully and was terribly expensive. Not to mention that the team was not very good all those years. The food is terrible at the stadium. Snyder blocked off the walk from free parking over at landmark plaza. When I gave up my tickets I said let someone else enjoy them and they keep calling me back. I can't afford club seats and they wouldn't sell me lower level. I'll just watch the team from tv now.

Posted by: steven7753 | February 2, 2011 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one curious to see what "lies" were in that article?

Posted by: destewar | February 2, 2011 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to the lawsuit this fabulous article was brought to my attention and I've read every word. Danny boy is a rich, greedy brat but I've known that for over 10 years.

Posted by: ALLOST | February 2, 2011 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones: "Ha!"
John Mara & Steve Tish: "Ha."
Jeffrey Lurie: "Ha."

Posted by: Scoonie97 | February 2, 2011 12:05 PM | Report abuse

People think they can say anything about people and it's okay, well it's not. Maybe Snyder's all the things you say he is but none of us live with him everyday or know how he was raised or who he really is ( and most don't care). In the heart of hearts of every man and woman their is a breaking point and obviously this was Snyder's.

Posted by: redhead1 | February 2, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Danny Snyder is a putz.

Posted by: googleguy

--------------------------------------------

I beg to differ. He is a schmuck.

Hey, now maybe he can sue both of us too! Oh wait, can't be libel if it's the truth! Schnap, schmuck!

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 2, 2011 12:13 PM | Report abuse

The real intent of this baseless lawsuit is not to prevail in court but to intimidate the few in the media who have not been bought off by The Midget.
It already has succeeded, at lest among his minions - the gutless hosts on all those 980 WTEM Snyder-owned shows (Kornheiser, Sheehan, etc.) are so far afraid to mention this story, as they know what side of their bread is buttered.

Posted by: jos587 | February 2, 2011 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder -- what an arrogant little putz.

I never would have read the story if not for Dan's temper tantrum.

Posted by: DCNative69 | February 2, 2011 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Well at least he confirmed McKenna's gist of how Li'l Dan really is. Li'l Dan could not have proved it any better!

Posted by: splitbill | February 2, 2011 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I had missed the original CP story. I'm thankful for this new opportunity. Life does give us second chances.

Posted by: BB703 | February 2, 2011 12:29 PM | Report abuse

He may be compensating for a small dick.

Posted by: RepealObamacareNow | February 2, 2011 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I didn't read the article until Mr. Snyder brought it to my attention.

Posted by: wireman65 | February 2, 2011 12:46 PM | Report abuse

---------------------------------------
I once met Sonny in a bar. He is a drunk and a womanizer, and that is a matter of record. He is also on Danny's payroll, and he knows it quite well. He never criticizes him, certainly not by name. In other words, he is a mouthpiece and a lapdog, like Larry Michael.
As far as being a HOF QB, yes, but he also never won a title, and had a losing record as a QB. But that is beside the point. You can be a HOF ex-QB and a lapdog.

Posted by: jos587 | February 2, 2011 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Don't people normally get fired for this level of managerial incompetence?

Posted by: kls1 | February 2, 2011 12:54 PM | Report abuse

FIRE UP THE BANDWAGON; LETS IMPEACH SNYDER!! How many fan signatures are required to force a sale of the team? Why are there no lists of his positive accomplishments? Personally, I've been trying to populate an answer list for that question 12 years now: still blank.

Frank Herzog is the biggest loser in all this.Frank Herzog was destined to be a Hall of Fame announcer; Snyder denied every Redskin fan another member of the NFL Hall of Fame.

Why is there no more Sonny, Sam, and Frank radio call in Superbowl XVII highlights? That is really important so I will repeat it. Why is there no more Sonny, Sam, and Frank radio call in Superbowl XVII highlights?

Was there any Redskin fan that actually listened to the TV announcers that day? Mr.Scab play by play; how many yards is a block in the back penalty? How many tragic years has it been and you still don't know the rules?

If Dave McKenna wants to parade every angry, frustrated, jilted, and embarrassed Redskin fan in front of a judge and jury of probable Redskin fans let the ceremonies begin!!

Mr. McKenna I would like to volunteer for service.

Posted by: Sarahkerrywedding | February 2, 2011 1:03 PM | Report abuse

It's taken quite an effort, but at least Dan is finding success at one thing: driving away the most loyal, enthusiatic, and knowledgable fan base in all of professional sports. Way to go, Danny!

Posted by: Regis09 | February 2, 2011 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, anybody who blames Snyder for firing the disasters that were Norv Turner and Charley Casserly just doesn't know what they're talking about in my book.

Especially if Casserly is given credit for "play(ing) a lead role in assembling the 1991 Super Bowl championship team."

Casserly took over for Bobby Beathard after the 1989 season and 1991 was Casserly's second season at the helm.

Muddling through the rest of the list is laughable because a good bit of it is a stretch by digging up various obscure professional outrage groups (like CSIPI) to bash Snyder.

Posted by: CapsNut | February 2, 2011 1:06 PM | Report abuse

There is one way Dan Snyder can redeem himself -- change the racist name.

Posted by: jmarks09 | February 2, 2011 1:10 PM | Report abuse

synder you foul, contemptible creature. congratulations on having become the most despised public figure in the Washington DC area - and perhaps all of professional sports.

Posted by: rezuva | February 2, 2011 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Plenty of NFL owners are very popular with their fan base, like the Rooneys or Jerry Jones. Danny Snyder is universally despised. Why does he still own this team? Is he oblivious to the fans that he purports to love? He needs to sell the team. I know that Snyder thinks all the discontent will be swept under the rug if the team ever starts winning again, but he's delusional. We will never stop being upset with Snyder. He needs to sell the team and move on with his life.

Posted by: Dellis2010 | February 2, 2011 1:15 PM | Report abuse

It's one thing to be a jerk and a loser, both of which he clearly is. It's another thing altogether to join the list of fetid and festering dictators and despots who try to control the media.

Posted by: AlexVa1 | February 2, 2011 1:20 PM | Report abuse

The lawsuit was timed to coincide with the Super Bowl, where attention is supposedly diverted.
It will go viral nationally, however. The NY Daily News has already picked it up.
Meanwhile, the people he owns on WTEM 980 are trying to ignore it - they want to keep their jobs.

Posted by: jos587 | February 2, 2011 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I can only hope that most people on season-tic waiting list do what we did, turn down the offer. I waited 12 years for the chance to get season passes but I'd rather invest money in swampland than give it to that contemptible lil man. Maybe that freak will get a clue once we all stop giving in to purchasing high priced tics and selling out games. We need to start poking holes in that bag of gas and hit him where it really hurts...

Posted by: plamar1031 | February 2, 2011 1:38 PM | Report abuse

When I first read the article I was very angry. Now I'm smiling ear to ear, watching the reaction, watching this go viral, watching national news pick up the story. The bottom line is affecting his bottom line. Anyone think he's the only owner in the NFL who can't afford a lockout? I do.

Posted by: dcmusician2 | February 2, 2011 2:00 PM | Report abuse

took the time to read the article & thought this would be highly funny if it was about jerry jones, al davis or some other owner & wasn't the clown owner of the team that i have followed for decades :(

Posted by: notamullethead | February 2, 2011 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Let's stage a demonstration at FedEx. Good enough for Egypt, good enough for Redskins Nation!

Posted by: nfaunt | February 2, 2011 2:20 PM | Report abuse

We can oust him.

Posted by: nfaunt | February 2, 2011 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Simple. First home game next year everybody show up in a Ravens tee shirt.

Posted by: FLvet | February 2, 2011 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I feel the reporter was a bit harsh, there was no respectable intellect.

He should be fired. If this reporter wrote about me and my family this way, I'd be waiting for him to get off work.

Just as this writer, we all have to mature, and one day this writer may say, I shouldn't have written that article.

I hope Snyder buys the City Paper, and destroys it, I can't stand the City Paper.

I actually collect the City Papers for my dogs cages....

Posted by: FrancisWeaver | February 2, 2011 2:54 PM | Report abuse

In typical Danny Boy style, he manages to make a bad situation worse. Truth is, I wouldn't have had the splendid opportunity to read of his stupidity if he had not made it headline news by attempting to bully this small town paper. Now, everyone around the world who follows the Post on-line will click the link and get to know how silly this man really is.
I've been a fan for 40 years, but must really give up on this franchise until a new owner is found. I don't watch sports to witness someone grow up.
Dan, please go away. I have no interest in watching a damaged, narcissistic man throw his toys around and break them. I can see unruly kids do this anyday in the aisles at Walmart- at least they have their age to excuse them. The only way you can show you have any class is to bow out; spend your dollars on a good PR firm and find a way to do it gracefully if that matters to you.

Posted by: Hamiltonhiii | February 2, 2011 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Tony Kornhieser had McKenna fired from this Washington Post because McKenna had dared to criticize his radio show in the City Paper.

Posted by: billhanke | February 2, 2011 2:57 PM | Report abuse

None of the stories say exactly what in the McKenna diatribe is said to have been false. Is the letter available online somewhere?

Posted by: DCUSince96 | February 2, 2011 3:06 PM | Report abuse

How many people complaining about Snyder here will still ante up for Redskins games next season and swing by Six Flags on the way? You know where that money goes, right? There are better amusement parks, better sports teams, and no shortage of other things to do in this area.

Posted by: rjm1 | February 2, 2011 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Apparently, Snyder doesn't realize people don't like him. Don't tell him or he'll sue us all!

Posted by: ravensfan20008 | February 2, 2011 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Not only is Snyder not likely to prevail legally, but there's another reason to believe he's just bluffing and bullying:

I spent 30 years in journalism and in my experience, people with a legitimate factual gripe always first articulate those alleged errors and ask for a correction, sometimes threatening to sue if they don't get one.

The report that Snyder has not detailed his factual concerns (allegations that the story as a whole is unbalanced do not constitute defamation, there must be "falsity") says everything.

Posted by: Meridian1 | February 2, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

In what other country are the females of the First family all subjected to the orthodoxy of discouraging one another from experiencing the free and natural love and affection they would otherwise have for e.g., the natural texture of their own hair?

Judeo-christian White supremacist rule is superior to Nazism – inasmuch as even the Nazis couldn’t get Hitler or the Jewish people to all dye their hair blond (as a condition of playing their roles in that society…)

How did racist religious extremist put it…. ‘just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to do it [in a country our sect controls]’

Black First Children with straightened hair… what will Judeo-Christian White supremacist and their indoctrinated House Negroes think up next?

Freedom – you gotta love it

Posted by: stephendavid2002 | February 2, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

When I read the article in question, it did appear to be very one sided and slanted. A lot of stuff was written as fact, but was only the authors opinion. McKenna is a hack just trying to make a name for himself. He he wrote falsehoods, he should be held responsible.

Posted by: astrober1 | February 2, 2011 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Point out one falsehood in the McKenna article.

Posted by: minorthread | February 2, 2011 3:32 PM | Report abuse

*crickets chirping*

Posted by: spunkydawg1 | February 2, 2011 3:43 PM | Report abuse

"Daniel Snyder is Hosni Mubarak."

Posted by: malcolmyoung1 |

That's not being fair to Mubarak.

Posted by: mcstowy | February 2, 2011 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps the writer approached it like Dan S. did the trees along the Potomac just do it and the H with the consequences.

Posted by: ohwell1 | February 2, 2011 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget to add the parts where Snyder attempted to cheat Prince George's County out of the proper levy amount of the state admission and amusement tax and added seats to the stadium in violation of the zoning requirements. He is simply an example of a businessman without ethics.

Posted by: ralphgrutzmacher | February 2, 2011 4:19 PM | Report abuse

The stupid thing is that I'd never even have known about the original article if Dan hadn't gotten his little feelings hurt and decided to sue...

Around our house we call Snyder "sponge dan short pants" because of the way he acts whenever he's not the most popular kid in the class.

Total d-bag.

Posted by: mika_england | February 2, 2011 4:24 PM | Report abuse

One of the stories that was left out of the article is about Snyder and his private jet escapade a few years back. Snyder needed immediate travel to Florida, I think it was,and was given a jet to use by an associate. The pilot took Dan down, and Dan told the pilot to wait, that he MUST be back in DC by 4:00 or whatever time. Thing is, because Dan is so important, and couldn't organize his time properly, Dan never made it back in time for the pilot to ever be able to make it back to DC by the time Dan wanted to be there. As the pilot was explaining this to Dan, Dan erupted in a fit, cursing the pilot, berating him. This wasn't even Snyder's pilot! It was an associate's pilot! The pilot kept his cool, and explained to Dan that he couldn't do anything about the physical laws of nature. Daniel threatened to have the pilot fired. That's about all I know about it.

Posted by: fmamstyle | February 2, 2011 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I don't know which is funnier. The article or the a$$clowns defending the d-bag.

Can someone please help me decide? If I don't reply immediately, it's because I have to change my shorts form laughing so hard.

Posted by: jwash4472 | February 2, 2011 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Snyder, Snyder, Snyder, you sure make folk proud to be Redskin fans! Not! To you Skins "fans" (idiots): Forgive me, but how do you not feel like an idiot supporting this guy's team? How can you continue to support this guy with your hard earned money?

Posted by: M_88 | February 2, 2011 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Let me keep my mouth shut before Snyder tries to sue me too. Ahhh!

Posted by: M_88 | February 2, 2011 4:47 PM | Report abuse

People have the right not to like Dan Snyder, but he also has the right to not have falsehoods printed about him..

Posted by: astrober1

=======================

Show us one... JUST ONE falsehood that was printed about him.

Posted by: fmamstyle | February 2, 2011 4:48 PM | Report abuse

This is really funny. As others have said, Snyder's threatened suit will bring new life to an old story. I never heard of or read the original article--but thanks to the publicity I read it last night. And it is well done! I think that Snyder's lawyers will have a hard time with any suit, because they have to prove that it is untrue. Certainly the writer may be guilty of only choosing those incidents that make his case, but nearly everything that was written is factually verifiable (I had known of--but forgotten--many of the events brought up).

How ironic that the alleged suit has brought this article back to life! I guess this proves that people who are very rich sometimes fail to realize that they can't always manipulate the truth or get their way.

Posted by: tbeall1 | February 2, 2011 4:57 PM | Report abuse

FrancisWeaver, you put your dogs in cages? You need to be arrested for animal cruelty. But it figures an idiot like you would defend a pompous failure.

If it wasn't for the lawsuit I would not have seen the great, funny article. When I think of Snyder the word "small" immediately comes to mind and it's not about his height.

Posted by: Leofwine | February 2, 2011 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Scumbag shyster money grubbing no-class putz. Why he feels the need to convince all of this, that's the question.

Posted by: password111 | February 2, 2011 6:59 PM | Report abuse

What an idiot Danny Boy is.

The first thing you learn in Communications 101 is not to give a story "legs." In other words, here was a great piece by Dave McKenna that appeared in a small Washington weekly newspaper with little circulation. People would have forgotten about it in a week. But thanks to Danny and his lawyers, the story has spread like wildfire. And rightfully so.

Posted by: StevefromSacto | February 2, 2011 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Keep buying the tickets and the gear if you want more of the same. The only way to get rid of him is to stop financially supporting him.

Posted by: ealarsen99 | February 2, 2011 7:15 PM | Report abuse

LOL, thanks Dan, just read the article for the first time b/c of you. Forgot what a complete weasel you are, especially about that tree cutting on the Potomac, just re-read that article too along with all the disemminating, lying actors involved. But funniest of all, forgot about Tank McNamara's Jerk of the year award, given to you in 2001. That it's a cartoon character giving it too you makes it more valid.

Oh, by the way, gave up on the 'skins around Norv Turner times. waiting for you to die before I become a fan again. Granted, you may outlive me, but I'll take that chance.

Posted by: jhtlag1 | February 2, 2011 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Snyder's just bluffing. By threatening (expensive) litigation, he thinks he can intimidate WCP's owners into firing McKenna/taking the cheap route. Thing is, newspapers carry libel insurance, and every insurance policy gives the insurer the right to defend, which is to say, litigation stands to cost WCP nothing. And trust me, lawyers for insurers are pretty good. It's not some little old lady in PG. Snyder's fixing to get his hat handed to him.

The anti-semitism bit is a really, really desperate play. So only Christian white males can have devil's horns drawn on their picture? The First Amendment protects satire and parody as a form of protected free speech. In Hustler Magazine, Inc. et al. v. Jerry Falwell, Jerry Falwell sued Hustler for an advertisement parody that portrayed him as having had a drunken sexual encounter with his mother in an outhouse. Falwell lost.

Posted by: gbooksdc | February 2, 2011 9:11 PM | Report abuse

enough already with the speculation about Snyder and his motives, has he tuned a corner, etc? He is a LOSER. His wife who says " he just wants a superbowl..." is enough to make you thow up. he wants to be on a podium handing over a trophy to a coach (god knoes which one) so he can get credit as this "Visonary" who brought a Lombardi back to DC. he wants credit and fame before the team and organization. Now 11 or 12 years later it has gone so awry that IF they even got near a Superbowl, it would be because of his non-involvement. Yet he is still hanging on, wants to be jerry Jones of the early 90's. it is sad, so sad and the little twit needs to step down and LEAVE. Riggo is right , he is a loser! Add the media manipulation and we have the biggest mess ever in our storied franchise. Worst off is he is young and we cannot count on him dying! Snyder listen.."get out of town, go away, you know nothing about football and most twits can make money with money. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME! go make movies with the worst actor EVER, Tom Cruise. I hate Snyder as a person and the damage to a team that was historic. HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Nick-FFX | February 2, 2011 10:36 PM | Report abuse

Little Danny, take the team to Los Angeles already.

Posted by: bs2004 | February 4, 2011 1:28 PM | Report abuse

This is what happens when you pick on the short kid in high school. They grow up, get rich, buy your favorite team and RUIN IT. I barely watched a game last year after turning in season tickets I WAITED FOR 15 YEARS to get. He's loser, plain and simple and he brought that expertise to the Redskins. now all my Skins gear is packed away in the attic until one of two things happen: 1) he sells the team, 2) his helicopter crashes. Unfortunately, they build helicopters with WAY too much quality these days.

Posted by: jypz | February 6, 2011 4:20 PM | Report abuse