2.7%  Q1 GDP    4.57%  avg. 30-year mortgage     9.5%  Unemployment

Bush Signs Bailout Bill Into Law

Well, that was fast: President Bush has signed into law the $700 billion bailout plan passed by Congress less than two hours ago.

Bush signed the bill at his desk in the Oval Office, shortly after returning from a brief thank you trip to the Treasury Department, according to the Associated Press.

Photographers were on hand to capture the signing, and I'd bet you can see those pictures soon on this Web site and in tomorrow's print edition.

-- Michael S. Rosenwald

By Michael S. Rosenwald  |  October 3, 2008; 3:04 PM ET
Categories:  The Ticker
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bush to Quickly Sign Bailout Bill
Next: So Much For a Bailout Rally

Comments

How quick will they dole out the cash?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 1908 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Disgraceful. I hope the Craven Criminals on Capitol Hill are pleased with themselves.

I cannot believe the MSM, Congress and so many American people bought Comrade GWB's fear-mongering AGAIN.

This "fix" is the definition of insanity. It employs the very same loose money, loose credit, bubble-inflating policies that got us into this mess in the first place.

It will only make matters worse in the long run.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain

Posted by: MacGhil | October 3, 1908 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Democrats for John McCain and Sarah Palin in 2008

Posted by: Heather | October 3, 1908 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Doggone it, your report neglects to tell me if Bush added a signing statement, Champ!

So, did he?

Posted by: tony the pitiful copywriter | October 3, 1908 3:39 PM | Report abuse

This has to be a record for the fastest a bill has passed Congress, been delivered to the White House and signed into law. Seriously.

Posted by: Billy T. | October 3, 1908 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I want to apologize to the American people for voting for this man not once...but twice. The only thing worse would have been Gore or Kerry. In the final analysis, I'm afraid the ones who wield the most power are the most corrupt. Beware of Barry.

--------