Comment Update

I've been assured that, as of today, some technical fixes have been implemented that should make commenting easier. In particular, they should get rid of the nasty bug where the system says you're logged in but won't let you comment. Let me know how it goes by commenting fast and furiously.

By Ezra Klein  |  May 22, 2009; 4:22 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Guest Graph: Henry Aaron on Social Security's Solvency
Next: I Believe in the CIA

Comments

Test-posting, since I'd been having trouble...

Posted by: Mike_Russo | May 22, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Success! Thanks for taking care of that, Ezra.

Posted by: Mike_Russo | May 22, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

congratulations on your first week at the washington post!
may your weekend be filled with fun, peace and glorious food!

Posted by: jkaren | May 22, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Ezra, did you get this fixed site-wide? It's been the most ridiculous mess, and it's still queer. If you're logged in (username shown at top of site), why isn't that the same as "signed in"?

Still, hail all-powerful Bloggers @MSM!

Posted by: nadezhda04 | May 22, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Fast and furiously. Fast and furiously . . .

Posted by: guyol | May 22, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

This has me boggled too. I heard way back that The Washington Post (trees and salaries) is a different company than the Web Washington Post (no trees, less salaries), so I suspect that the trees version thinks you are logged in, but the web version swears you are not. What kind of MSM insanity is this?

As of two minutes ago, I was logged into trees but not logged into web. At least it warned me that I wasn't. Maybe WaPo needs some reorganized management structure (and perhaps some of Geither's stimulus to pay for it).

Anyway, have a good weekend Ezra, even if you have to come back to the vagaries of being a 'voice' instead of a 'columist' or 'op-eder. Do they voices in the wilderness have a 'collective bargaining agent' (can't use the U-word here, I'm sure)?

Posted by: JimPortlandOR | May 22, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Some additional boggling: a webblog that won't recognize the html tags for italics, emphasis, or external links?

Oh, I get it. This is a 'voices' place, but no too much commenter voice is allowed.

Posted by: JimPortlandOR | May 22, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Excellent. The world can once again know my reactions to your reactions to health policy.

Posted by: ThomasEN | May 22, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Hooray! All praise to Ezra for fixing the comments!

Posted by: Peter_Zenger | May 22, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Love what you're doing here, keep it up.

Posted by: boutros23 | May 22, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

I thought I was the only one. Glad it has been fixed.

Posted by: LindaB1 | May 23, 2009 12:33 AM | Report abuse

YES! Thanks.

Posted by: Castorp1 | May 23, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

This is a test of the emergency comment system. Had this been an actual comment emergency, you would have seen cogent commentary on the main post, provoking further comments from others. As it is, this is merely a test.

Posted by: DavidA2 | May 26, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse