Tab Dump

• An interesting interview with the president of the New York Federal Reserve.

• Bank lobbyists: Still more powerful than you are.

Gordon Brown's no good, very bad year.

• Half as many Harvard grads going into finance. (But what are the remaining half thinking!?)

An infallible formula for better breakfasts.

Michael Pollan or Michael Foucault? Arguably the greatest web site of our time.

If I made these weekend tab dumps into an open thread, would any of you use it? Surely you have links to share!

By Ezra Klein  |  June 5, 2009; 6:51 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: EXCLUSIVE: The Finance Committee's Health Care Timeline
Next: When Senators Stop Tweeting Polite and Start Tweeting Real

Comments

Draft of the HELP bill: http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/06/05/download-the-kennedy-healthcare-bill-here/

Posted by: SteveCA1 | June 5, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Those Harvard grads going into finance are probably doing so because they've made a judgment on the likelihood of major structural changes to the way Wall Street compensation works(which is looking about as likely as Satan opening a ski resort). They're probably thinking, and they're probably right, that five years from now things will be largely back to business as normal.

Posted by: newbusinessmodel | June 5, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

The real story in that Harvard article is that they are not getting laid.

- Yale '03

Posted by: CarlosXL | June 5, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

I would definitely use it as an open thread, or at least a link sharing thread.

My contribution: Simon Johnson on Latvia

PS. Ezra, is there any change we can get some basic HTML for the comments? That raw link is so aesthetically unpleasing.

Posted by: njbunk | June 5, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

I'd likely add links to an open thread. I promise that not all of them would be to myself.

Posted by: TheIncidentalEconomist | June 5, 2009 10:34 PM | Report abuse

*cough* Michel Foucault not Michael, Michel *cough*

Otherwise, thanks for that website. But I didn't know that mainstream progressive were allowed to like the poststructuralist left? I thought anti-theory was a rule you all had to follow.

Regardless, love this website. Especially because I just wrote a paper on disciplinary power in factory farms.

Posted by: thescuspeaks | June 5, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Mankiw's post on the public plan idea.

Posted by: staticvars | June 6, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

This one is quite good as well, Cowen on egalitarian health care.

Posted by: staticvars | June 6, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse