Tab Dump

• Because it's Friday and I want you to have a good weekend, I insist you look at this unbelievably wonderful link.

Does Henry Waxman have the answer to my pessimism?

• Also, did you know there's a new book about Henry Waxman?

On literary darwinism.

• My blogger friends and I have a new blog about reading Infinite Jest. But none of them have written on it yet.

Speaking of which, how many of you are doing Infinite Summer?

By Ezra Klein  |  June 26, 2009; 7:00 PM ET
Categories:  Tab Dump
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Underpants Gnomes Theory of Single-Payer
Next: On the Passage of Waxman-Markey

Comments

I have been reading Infinite Jest for the past 3 years (off and on, obviously!), and Infinite Summer seems like just the right kick in the pants to make me finally finally finish it (I'm currently at page 620 or so). I wanted to complete it in time for the release of The Pale King, also. The schedule would say I should start reading again in mid-August but I'll probably start sooner than to make sure I'll actually finish on time (I am not the fastest reader, clearly).

I was also really affected by his death, much more so than anyone else who I didn't know personally.

Posted by: bupkiss | June 27, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm doing Infinite Summer- a little behind, though, as it took me a bit to get a copy of the book.

Though, strictly speaking, I'm doing Infinite Winter. But that doesn't sound nearly as pleasant.

Posted by: eirinn22 | June 27, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

thank you for the maira kalman link!
much whimsey and poetry in her works.
she has a lovely way of seeing the world.
happy weekend, ezra!

Posted by: jkaren | June 27, 2009 11:38 PM | Report abuse

we're tacking the big book this summer. great idea, whoever came up with it. got my copy the other day from amazon for twelve bucks.

Posted by: thefoulness | June 28, 2009 3:12 AM | Report abuse

I am theoretically doing Infinite Summer, although I have to admit that I haven't actually started yet.

Posted by: KatherineWelsh | June 29, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse