Think Tank: Because Your Life Needs More PDF Files
1) Ever wondered how scientists figure out those climate models that scare the hell out of everyone? Gavin Schmidt, a NASA climatologist, explains.
2) Another week, another study showing that a public insurance option would save money and improve quality in the health-care system. This one comes from the Urban Institute.
3) The Union of Concerned Scientists thinks Confined Animal Feeding Operations -- that is to say, the places that process America's meat -- probably wouldn't exist without taxpayer subsidies.
4) Did health-care costs cause the foreclosure crisis? Some Harvard researchers examined the numbers and found that the explanation isn't as far-fetched as you might expect. According to their survey, medical costs were a major contributor to fully 49 percent of foreclosures.
5) Can taxing calories really mitigate the obesity crisis? Some researchers from RAND have looked at the evidence, and they're skeptical.
July 6, 2009; 11:34 AM ET
Categories: Think Tank
Save & Share: Previous: Why D.C. Needs Al Franken the Comedian More Than Al Franken the Policy Wonk
Next: It's Not the Money. It's the Relationships.
Posted by: bdballard | July 6, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.