Jon Cohn Immigrates to Colbert Nation

It's sad that the best discussions on health-care reform happen on parody shows. But it makes me happy to see the excellent Jon Cohn on my teevee.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Jonathan Cohn
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMeryl Streep

By Ezra Klein  |  August 12, 2009; 10:55 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Actual Debate Over Health-Care Reform
Next: Twitter, Stephen Hawking and Brits Enter the Health-Care Debate

Comments

I always suspected you and Jon Cohn were the same person. Unless you can provide better photographic evidence than this that you're not, I'll continue to assume that.

Posted by: KathyF | August 12, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

I was distracted from his cogent points on reform by the fact he appeared to be wearing his dad's suit.

Posted by: ThomasEN | August 12, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I've thought for a while now that Colbert is better than The Daily Show, but hardly anyone seems to agree. I think that Colbert is more biting in his comentary and gets better guests (and fewer celebrities pushing movies).

Posted by: MosBen | August 12, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

The Daily Show should try to top Colbert by getting that Ezra Klein fellow on. I hear he's photogenic and knows a helluva lot about health policy. I'd love to hear his detailed description of how the VHA does health care right here in the good old USA, and how every other industrialized country on earth has managed to extend good health care to 100% of its citizens while spending far less money than we do here. Kristol got on there and sputtered and lied - it would be great to hear a little truth too.

Posted by: geoffcgraham | August 12, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Cohn volleyed with Colbert very effectively and smoothly -- a good segment, well done.

Posted by: bdballard | August 12, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse