This Week's Think Tank: Health Care, Obesity and Intellectuals
1) Health economists Amy Finkelstein and Robin McKnight examine what happened when the government introduced Medicare into the market.
2) A variety of economists and health policy experts wonder why is the developed world obese?
3) The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities has a very fair overview of the Wyden-Bennett Healthy Americans Act.
4) The Massachusetts Taxpayer Foundation looks at the state's health-care reform plan and concludes that the "uncontrollable costs" so frequently mentioned by critics are a myth.
5) Crooked Timber assembled some brilliant people -- including George Scialabba -- to debate the question "What are intellectuals good for?"
August 10, 2009; 4:22 PM ET
Categories: Think Tank
Save & Share: Previous: How Stephen Hawking Proves That Investor's Business Daily's Editorial Page Tells Lies
Next: Is the Government Going to Euthanize your Grandmother? An Interview With Sen. Johnny Isakson.
Posted by: AaronSw | August 10, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: RandomWalk1 | August 10, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: visionbrkr | August 10, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.