Restaurant crushes

I feel this way about Komi:

Ever since my inaugural trip to Zuni Cafe in San Francisco with my sister last month, I've been showing all the signs of a borderline-creepy unrequited crush on the restaurant. Whatever you tell me, I guarantee I'll find a way to relate it to my dinner at Zuni. What, you don't like your hair today? That reminds me of the insanely delicious ricotta gnocchi at Zuni. You know, because in Italian they're sometimes called malfatti, which means poorly shaped ... like your hair.

By Ezra Klein  |  October 27, 2009; 2:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The public option is not the Medicare option
Next: Will Joe Lieberman filibuster?

Comments

If you wanted to have a proposal where people were allowed to buy into medicare at a certain rate that would be self sustaining then I'd have been all for it. But that doesn't mean that I will support this boondoggle the democrats are pushing forward where they want to pretend to make major changes to the system but do nothing to resolve the underlying cost problem.

Posted by: spotatl | October 27, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

ugh... wrong topic. wish there was a delete button

Posted by: spotatl | October 27, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

It's a good thing you don't feel that way about Zuni, because my opinion of your tastes would plummet. Zuni was probably all that once upon a time, but the last time I went (3 years back now, maybe) it pretty clearly was coasting on reputation. It's not awful, like some who-rates-this-place names (Fleur de Lys, I'm looking at you), but it's a few bucks too much for everything, and it's merely good food. A dozen cheaper places in town are better.

Posted by: wcwhiner | October 27, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I feel this way about Komi

When did you become a complete tool?

Posted by: PMuldoon | October 28, 2009 5:42 AM | Report abuse

Mas farmhouse in nyc

Makes me never want to leave this city. Plus the waiters/waittresses there are the nicest people ever. Plus last time I did the tasting menu there with the girlfriend we had the pastry chef from Craft right next to us going nuts about the food the entire time.

Posted by: neversaylie | October 28, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse