In other Lieberman news

It looks like he may get kicked out of the Connecticut for Lieberman party, which he started.

By Ezra Klein  |  December 14, 2009; 11:42 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lieberman's principles, or lack thereof
Next: When OMB directors stop being polite and start getting real

Comments

I saw an interview where the chairman for the Connecticut for Lieberman Party said that Lieberman never joined the party. I think that he was just a free rider, much as he has been with the Democrats.

I don't think he started the party and don't think he can be kicked out meaningfully until 2012.

Posted by: bcbulger | December 14, 2009 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm almost wondering if he's planning to retire in 2012, considering the degree of opposition to stuff he once supported in his district. Here's hoping he loses in 2012, draws only single-digit support, and tops it off with a massive dose of whine before going into total obscurity.

Posted by: guardsmanbass | December 14, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

It might have been a little more accurate to include reference in the main of your post to this line from the linked to article: "In the wake of Lieberman's election, however, the party was taken over by his critics." Obviously, this lends some important context to the move.

Posted by: ajowls333 | December 14, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

You know, I lived in CT during the 2006 Election. I remember the first thing I told my wife when we found out he was running as an independent. It was: "Why is his campaign called Connecticut for Lieberman and not Lieberman for Connecticut? That's pretty arrogant... Shouldn't it be the other way around?".

I am so happy I didn't vote for him. In either the Primary or General.

He can throw as many hissy fits as he wants, but at the end of the day, we still kicked him out. And I still feel good about it.

He might still get re-elected due to Republican votes and Democrats who vote for him due to name recognition. So don't count him out yet. He's like a human cockroach. Can't get rid of him. Would probably survive nuclear holocaust using only his enormous ego.

Posted by: JERiv | December 14, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

The only party name that is appropriate for Joe is Wankers for LIEberman.

His word is worth nothing, and he knows no loyalty except to the crap he deposits in his toilet and then brings to the Senate.

Posted by: JimPortlandOR | December 14, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse