Lunch break

This is about the most effective presentation of data I've ever seen. I'm not even going to tell you the topic. It's just really, really good data presentation.

By Ezra Klein  |  December 8, 2009; 12:31 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hoyer: Deadlocks make Congress 'less relevant every day'
Next: Medicare vs. private insurers

Comments

Fascinating also that the thrust of his argument was about how powerful effective data presentation can be. Almost as if data presentation can be an answer in and of itself to the problems that the data presents.

Posted by: adamatre | December 8, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for pointing us to this! Amazing to see how a marriage of computer graphics and data can transform the information and make it even more interesting, comprehensible, and memorable.

Think I'll be checking out TED's weekly ideas.

Posted by: onewing1 | December 8, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow! The presentation is interesting in itself and well worth watching -- but go to the data juggling site http://graphs.gapminder.org and play with data sets. This is going to be a super-useful resource. Plus, neat colours.

Noni

Posted by: NoniMausa | December 8, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

As a recovering economist, and someone who has toiled with trying to turn data in spreadsheets into something visually engaging and immediately useful, I have to say that this is the most amazing presentation of data that I've seen in a long time. Simply excellent! Wow.

Posted by: TonyFo | December 8, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

I watched this a long time ago, but I had forgotten how awesome it was. Totally worth revisiting!

Posted by: HerooftheBeach | December 8, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

He's still at it, take a look at his talk from this year's TED conference in India: http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_asia_s_rise_how_and_when.html

Posted by: mikebike | December 8, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse