Tab dump

1) Harold Meyerson on the second stimulus.

2) Ben Nelson is playing nice with the public option compromise.

3) Sarah Palin's op-ed on Copenhagen, annotated.

4) Don't fear the fiscal reapers.

5) Imagining a world without the filibuster.

I'll be on Countdown with Keith Olbermann towards the beginning of the program tonight.

Also, tonight's the final episode of Top Chef. Who do you think will win?

By Ezra Klein  |  December 9, 2009; 6:41 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The costs of saying 'no'
Next: Susan Collins and Ron Wyden get to work

Comments

I think Good (Bryan) Voltaggio, but I'm secretly hoping Evil (Michael) Voltaggio.

If Bryan wins, I think I'm gonna have to brave the crowds and go out to Volt in Laurel. Maybe I'll wait a few months for the craziness to die down.

Posted by: CarlosXL | December 9, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

I suggest you include this Politico article too, which includes this LOL gem:

"The coalition of moderate Democrats, with an assist from the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Coalition, held up consideration of a crucial Wall Street reform bill for several hours Wednesday to protest the way Democratic leadership and the Obama administration’s treated some of their proposals."

Imagine Republican moderates even attempting something similar, etc, etc...

Posted by: NS12345 | December 10, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Er whoops, here's the link to the story: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30429.html

Posted by: NS12345 | December 10, 2009 12:13 AM | Report abuse

It's rather amazing that Schmitt's article doesn't even touch the Elephant in the Budget Room:

Defense & Intel & "Security" Spending

We can talk all we want about Entitlements and Taxes being untouchables, but DIS spending is insane relative to the rest of the world.

John

Posted by: toshiaki | December 10, 2009 1:16 AM | Report abuse

Excellent finish to Top Chef. No problem with Michael winning.

John