Colbert Nation

I'm part of it. Also, it's possible that werewolf doctors will be added during conference. The basic issue here is that negotiators need to find some money to increase subsidies, and CBO will score a policy that has werewolf doctors mauling patients on operating tables rather than treating them. Mauling, it turns out, is cheap. Medical technology is not.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Drag Me to Health - Ezra Klein & Linda Douglass
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorEconomy

By Ezra Klein  |  January 7, 2010; 10:50 AM ET
Categories:  Health Reform
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Moment of silence
Next: Deficit hawks for deficit spending!

Comments

Bravo, Ezra. I've always thought that Stewart and Colbert should have more bloggers on as there seems to be a pretty large overlap in audience. Perhaps I was over-analyzing, but based on the crowd's reaction when you were introduced, I think a good chunk must have already known who you were.

Posted by: jleaux | January 7, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Ezra--you were very good. Also, loved the whole segment.

Posted by: cnic | January 7, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Very good Ezra!

Knowing the shallowness of our society, have you ever considered getting a good suit for situations like this?

Posted by: AZProgressive | January 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

nice job, though there could have been less time spent with Ms. Douglas and more time talking about the bill.

Posted by: jaymcdonough | January 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Well done!

Posted by: tomveiltomveil | January 7, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Well done! You captured the right balance between funny and serious - like Fr. James Martin, one of my favorite Colbert interviews ever: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/102804/september-13-2007/father-james-martin

Posted by: eRobin1 | January 7, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

The Ezra-without-heavy-dark-glasses is much more teevee-friendly than the darth-vader-wonk-in-grocho-marx-glasses.

Posted by: JimPortlandOR | January 7, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Good work, Ezra, but I lament the day that you go on to bigger and better things and don't have time to blog. Anyhow, congratulations.

Posted by: johnclevenger | January 7, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Also, I heard they always give weird gifts to show guests. Any chance you want to share what you received?

Posted by: johnclevenger | January 7, 2010 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I like! Congratulations on your inevitable Colbert Bump!

While you're telling us about the weird gift they gave you, maybe you could fill us in on what the experience was like? I'm especially curious how much time you spent actually taping the segment - it looked to me like it was pretty heavily edited - and what got left out.

Also. A small criticism. I would be nervous as all hell if I were sitting next to Stephen Colbert, even without cameras pointing at me, so I can't clown too much. But the bouncy-leg thing isn't so great on TV. It makes you look very nervous, which is probably worse for your message than actually being nervous.

Posted by: benjaminstuermer | January 8, 2010 7:28 AM | Report abuse