People hate all of the names I've come up with for this feature

Today I blogged about the ingenious strategy Republicans have hit upon for extracting policy concessions without making political compromises, the major bills that have gone through the reconciliation process, and the amazing similarities between the Senate health bill and the bill moderate Republicans were pushing in 1993. Oh, and I posted a viewer's guide for tomorrow's Blair House Summit.

Here's what I didn't get to:

1) The White House is going after Republicans because they don't have a "consensus" health-care plan.

2) Conservative Democrats in the Senate are saying nice things about reconciliation and fed-up things about Republicans.

3) Howard Gleckman looks at the Wyden-Gregg tax-reform plan.

4) Kathleen Parker notices that Republicans aren't that pleased to have an (occasionally) independent voice from Massachusetts.

5) I'll be on Olbermann talking summitry tonight. And speaking of summitry:

Recipe of the day: Jamie Oliver teaches you how to make a basic omelet.

By Ezra Klein  |  February 24, 2010; 7:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A viewer's guide to the Blair House Summit
Next: There's no plan B for health-care reform

Comments

oh who cares what people think about what you name this feature! it's your blog! do what you want!

(except, yeah don't call it daily wrap, that's too much like sully).

;)

Posted by: silentbeep | February 24, 2010 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Just about any name works for me as long as it does not contain the word dump.

Posted by: Patrick_M | February 24, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Republicans are about as pleased at having Scott Brown as dems are pleased at having Lincoln, Nelson, bayh and all the other "conservadems". Its called expanding outside your base. If you want to be in a true majority and not just a "blockade" majority that's what you have to do.

And I agree, call it what you want. When any of us gets a blog then we can call it what we want.

FREE MARKET AT ITS BEST!!!

Posted by: visionbrkr | February 24, 2010 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Why not call it "Reconciliation?"

Posted by: DeliciousPundit | February 24, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

How about The Summation? Here's what I blogged about, and here's what I didn't get to.

Posted by: 7ecclesstreetsbcglobalnet | February 24, 2010 7:22 PM | Report abuse

How about "Wednesday Redux"?

Posted by: billkarwin | February 24, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

"Today in Ezra" is clearly the frontrunner

Posted by: mgriffin28 | February 24, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

People hate all of the names I've come up with for this feature"

well, you could call your last thoughts of the day, "crepusculars!"

it kind of combines cooking, health care, and twilight musings!

(whatever you call it, doesnt matter, just keep up the wonderful work.)
it is a tribute to that i have sat through an hour of this curling stuff on msnbc to see you tonight on "countdown!:-)
what is this game, anyway???
the blue and green thing looks like the target logo in eco-colors.

Posted by: jkaren | February 24, 2010 8:06 PM | Report abuse

call it "sort of what Sully does"

Posted by: bdballard | February 24, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

and omelets are always nice, I like to use a hotter pan, and dinner lickety split. Jamie Oliver needs 2 hands to open his eggs? golly

Posted by: bdballard | February 24, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

hurray!
curling is over!!!
"countdown begins!"

Posted by: jkaren | February 24, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

I liked "Fin."

Posted by: Anno3 | February 24, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Keep your name as the title, with no gimmicks, and why did you look like you had a mancrush on Rockefellar on the countdown? He's no more irrelevant than Nelson, and you're young enough to be tempted by just about anything.

Posted by: CornGlut | February 24, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

My suggestion: "Screw You Guys I'm Going Home".

Brauchli and Hiatt, those big prudes, won't go for it, of course. And, there may be some copyright and trademark issues. But, at least it's better than taking a dump of tabs every night.

Posted by: atlasfugged | February 24, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

how about "tab dump?"

Posted by: jrcjr | February 24, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Recaps, References, and Recipes

Well, it's not too elegant, but it covers all the bases.

Posted by: JJenkins2 | February 24, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

You could call your evening feature "Counting the Ducks," from the children's book "The Story of Ping" where all the ducks have to get on the boat again at the end of the day and the last one on gets a whack. The last story you list could be the one that deserves a whack.

Yeah, I know. Subtle.

Posted by: NoniMausa | February 24, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

I find the summaries useful. I'd enjoy them more without the phrase "Oh, and".

Posted by: Matt10019 | February 24, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

I sort of like "People hate all of the names I've come up with for this feature"

Posted by: bgmma50 | February 24, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

don't fix what ain't broke. i miss the tab dump already.

Posted by: jwb81 | February 24, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Call it what you want, list it how you want, just please make one small change: Stop saying, "Today I blogged about..." or similar. It sounds quite terrible- obviously you blogged about it, it's your blog. I say that in an objective linguistic sense; on a personal level, I think it sounds obnoxious as well, but maybe not many people will agree with that.

Posted by: spiffymcbang | February 24, 2010 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Sinc the blog is "...lots more of it" how about "even more of it" ?

Again, as long as the words "dump" and "recipe" never again co-exist in the same space, you will be fine. Even Fin works for me.

Off-topic, but hey, is anything really on topic here in the "dump?" ...

Within the last week or two, I had an overly-long exchange with fellow Ezra Klein commenter bgmma50, who maintains that McCain's "suspension" of his 2008 campaign stands as evidence that McCain is a great "fighter," and that Obama is not.

Although I tried mightily to pry out some supporting evidence from bgmma50 in support of his or her argument about the fighting substance of McCain's supposed "suspension," I was not successful.

Posted by: Patrick_M | February 25, 2010 4:25 AM | Report abuse

Call it "Monday Highlights, Tuesday Highlights, etc." And only link to your favorite 2 or 3 posts of the day, max.

Then, with a simple subheader, "Tab Dump," just like you've always done it.

Posted by: cpurick | February 25, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

How about Ez cetera? Short, sweet, non-dumpy.

Posted by: optimyst | February 25, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

How about "Closing Time". Or "Last Call". Or "Closing Bell". or "End of The Day". A few others:

Sweeping Up

Twilight Time

And That's The Way It Is . . .

Don't Be Trippin', Yo

After Dinner Cordial

The Consummation

You Complete Me

The End of the Day As We Know It

Warm Puppy

Fuzzy Blanket

. . . and I can do more. Heh.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | February 25, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

How about:

Where I Repeat Myself
or
Repetitive Stuff
or
Links to What You've Already Seen or Could Easily See by Scrolling Down a Little Bit Because This Really Isn't Such a Busy Blog
or
Slight Nuisance?

Posted by: ostap666 | February 25, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

"With that in mind, this news that McCain now says BOTH candidates suspended their campaigns gave me a smile:"

Posted by: bgmma50 | February 25, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

"Obama did not suspend his campaign. He was, however successfully manuevered out of the weeds where he likes to hide and into the fray by McCain."

Right. And then John McCain climbed on to the back of his winged unicorn and he rode the magical beast into the stars.

Posted by: Patrick_M | February 25, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse