Scott Brown to write a book

PH2010012004969.jpg

Scott Brown is writing a book about his life. First, don't worry: The Senate will still have an independent voice for Massachusetts. Brown spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said that her boss "considers his Senate duties his first priority," which isn't as good as considering his Senate duties his only professional priority, but then, Brown has the strength and stamina and wisdom of 10 men and three spirit-animals. He'll be fine.

Second, I'd like to enter this as further evidence that a lot of books are very bad, particularly the books that people actually read. Who wouldn't rather Brown send a series of tweets about growing up handsome?

Photo credit: Charles Krupa/Associated Press.

By Ezra Klein  |  February 10, 2010; 11:04 AM ET
Categories:  Books
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Congress by remote control
Next: Serious professionals

Comments

Substitute "Obama" for "Scott Brown" and you may have an inkling of why I'm bent over double laughing my rear end off at the moment.

Posted by: bgmma50 | February 10, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Co-authored by Lynn Vincent, no doubt. Should be a fine work of fiction, perhaps the Great American Novel.

Posted by: tnoord | February 10, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

"I know how the game works. Immediately after I was sworn in, I stood there and lied out my arse, saying the stimulus hadn't created a single job. But I know I'll never be called on it -- or any of my other lies! Thanks, "librul" media!!"

Posted by: AZProgressive | February 10, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

"Dreams from my Available Daughters"

"The Audacity of Cosmo" ~or~
"The Nudity of Hope"

Posted by: Patrick_M | February 10, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I don't get it. Have you run out of Sarah Palin material?

Posted by: cpurick | February 10, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Make fun of him all you want but he'll be in Teddy's seat a long time.

Posted by: obrier2 | February 10, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Ghost written by Bill Ayers.

Posted by: truck1 | February 10, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad Scott Brown won the Kennedy seat. I'm pleased that the Democrats don't like him. That augers well.

But he's writing a book? Right now? Seriously? What? Dude, come on. You just barely got there. At least wait a bleepin' year. Or two.

Sheesh. And how come no one has picked out the obvious title yet?

"This is My Truck"

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | February 10, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

"But he's writing a book? Right now? Seriously? What? Dude, come on. You just barely got there. At least wait a bleepin' year. Or two"

Yeah. He should have written two books long before gatting there. Like Obama did.

I hope Obama supporters have got plenty of practice in backpeddling and eating their words, because they're going to need it when they attack Scott Brown's record.

Posted by: bgmma50 | February 10, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Handsome for a politician, you mean.

Posted by: randrewm | February 10, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

A lot of POLITICAL books are bad. It's a cottage industry that has arisen over the last several decades that is a joke in and of itself.

But it still fails as an argument for the generalization that Tweets are as good as books. There's a huge logical fallacy here, though I'm at work and don't have more than a tweet's-worth of time to devote to the subject.

Posted by: JJenkins2 | February 10, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he can get Annie Liebowitz to do some 'arty' nude photos for the cover.

Posted by: exgovgirl | February 10, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

True, Anne could also have had Obama doing lines of coke for his.

Posted by: Jenga918 | February 10, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Patrick,
like Obama should have named his
Dreams of my Nose Candy
or
The Audacity of Coke

Posted by: Jenga918 | February 10, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

"I'm a real history buff. I love the museum of natural history."
- Scott Brown

A preview of the forthcoming book.

Posted by: Patrick_M | February 10, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I, for one, think Brown has a great life story. This should be an interesting book, even if it is ghostwritten.

Posted by: gocowboys | February 10, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Also Ezra - Why so snarky? Maybe you can think this one over and take it back. Don't worry - tweeting the apology will suffice!

Posted by: gocowboys | February 10, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

It's not a book so much as it a nude photo-spread with lots of pictures.

Also, did you know that Scott Brown drives a truck?

There's an entire chapter in the book about how Brown's searched for the perfect vehicle on the advice of political consultants.

Sure to be a best seller amongst the under 12 set and with Fox Newsers.

Posted by: JPRS | February 10, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Ezra, I hope someone pulls out this post when you need some money and write a book about growing up handsome and snarky.

Posted by: yoyoy | February 10, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse