Iron Man 2

This is even more exciting than health-care reform.

By Ezra Klein  |  March 9, 2010; 4:14 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Meta profiling
Next: Do Americans oppose health-care reform? Why?

Comments

Clearly we need to send IronMan to do the whipping in the house.

Posted by: lcrider1 | March 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone in Hollywood capable of writing an original screenplay or must it be a comic book first?

Posted by: tlibert | March 9, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

more exciting than health care reform? Please.

Posted by: thescuspeaks | March 9, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't know, I think I might be a bit more excited by the new TRON, though I had to watch both trailers sans audio.

Posted by: billy_burdett | March 9, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

tlibert, movies have adapted stories from other media since cinema was invented. And Iron Man is awesome. That is all.

Posted by: MosBen | March 9, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I dont know about this sequel, almost all sequels suck compared to the original (ex. Dark Knight) and this one looks as if it will also, though I absolutely love that Black Sabbath song, and havent heard it lately. To the magical world of iTunes I go now!!

Posted by: zeppelin003 | March 9, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I've never seen such an implausible chain of contingencies, or the Senate looking so stupid. But enough about healthcare reform: I'm looking forward to enjoying Iron Man 2.

Posted by: vagueofgodalming | March 9, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow that was good.

Posted by: willarm1 | March 9, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Ha! LOL It says something about where I live (Boulder) that I thought this was going to be about a triathlon.

Posted by: BldrJanet | March 9, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Goodness. Nice to see Sam Rockwell. and AC/DC throughout? fun. (interesting factoid: Angus Young records all those wack solos sitting down)

Posted by: bdballard | March 9, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

While I'm looking forward to Iron Man 2, the new trailer for Tron Legacy is crazy-awesome. Add that to Hot Tub Time Machine, and it's looking like an awesome year for films, especially if you like comic book movies or are a nostalgia geek.

Sam Rockwell was great in Moon. A must see, if you haven't seen it.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | March 9, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Skeptical. The best part of the first one was the development of the suit and watching the nerdy dude engineer his way out of a hard problem. This one looks to be all action and, consequently, fairly yawn-worthy.

Posted by: slag | March 9, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I find these comic-based flics enlightening about the probable future of war and domestic policiing (some sci-fi does this well too).

Robotics and body-enhancement, baby! Its the next internet boom biz.

The major problem with these movies is that they give the game away to the world about what DoD and your local cops have in store for conventional armies, terrorism and civil unrest.

I'll wait for Netflics till the fall of the year.

Posted by: JimPortlandOR | March 9, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

bdballard, that's Black Sabbath bro!

was that Gary Shandling as a Senator? An Al Franken reference?

Posted by: ThomasEN | March 9, 2010 6:04 PM | Report abuse

SO true. I'm glad to see you've finally gotten your priorities straight.

Also, vagueofgodalming wins at comments.

Posted by: lizolan | March 10, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm really not sure I'm comfortable with the new villain of Corporate America Man being so hideously caricatured as Hispanic. The scary gold-toothed man from the south will be defeated by sexy white people and our superior manufacturing - plus one black dude to show we're not racist.

Thanks for that, Marvel. Just what we needed in these trying times.

Posted by: Traipser | March 10, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse