Lunch break

Is this the future of text?

Commentary here.

By Ezra Klein  |  March 26, 2010; 12:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Looking to the midterm election
Next: Can we control costs without Congress?

Comments

I just pray that the music accompanying the video isn't the future of music.

Posted by: rt42 | March 26, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

This is the future of text in the same way that blinking borders and dancing bears were the future of the internet back in the late 90s.

Posted by: slag | March 26, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I can see Text.2 Shakespeare, Bible, geometry textbook. Not Talmud.

Posted by: DaveoftheCoonties | March 26, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

what rt42 said.

upshot is that a large percentage of blogs and whatnot would fade out altogether.

Posted by: bdballard | March 26, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I have a beta version and used it while reading your blog, but everything faded to gray.

Posted by: ChrisDC | March 26, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Such an approach to reading would so destroy my concentration I would retain nothing.

Posted by: dwbarker1 | March 26, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

The response might be more enthusiastic if the music didn't sound like a melancholy apocalyptic finale to an indie movie.

Posted by: Section506 | March 26, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

wow!!!!! this is so perfect!!!!
this is exactly how reading is for me it is not a linear thing....i need pictures and conversation...and time to dawdle on words and leap over to other thoughts.
i like this!!!!!

and to pick "the little prince!" antoine de sainte exupery would be Thrilled to see this!!!!!!

and of course, i loved the music!

Posted by: jkaren | March 26, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

This by the way is guaranteed cool

some commentary on some of it

Posted by: bdballard | March 26, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse