Reconciliation

Today, I wrote about the weird reality of bipartisan legislation coexisting with partisan votes, fretted over Chris Dodd's FinReg bill, and pulled a reverse-Brooks on deem and pass.

Here's what I didn't get to:

1) Larry Lessig proposes a constitutional amendment to blunt the impact of Citizens United.

2) Pete Davis thinks the House will vote on health-care reform Saturday.

3) Michael Wolff's profile of The Washington Post.

4) Eliot Spitzer wants a shareholder revolution.

5) I'll be on Charlie Rose's and Rachel Maddow's shows tonight.

By Ezra Klein  |  March 17, 2010; 6:48 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pelosi's strategy to get the votes
Next: The Margolies-Mezvinsky story

Comments

Really, Ezra, you're becoming the Village television circuit's liberal town bicycle. Every anchor wants a piece of you these days!

Posted by: nomlicious | March 17, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Ezra,
Your use of "reconciliation" on the blog is UNPRECEDENTED ;-)

Posted by: pundit115 | March 17, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

watching president obama disrespected on fox news, drives me crazy. he must be a boddhisatvha.

lawrence o'donnell asked "why did obama go on fox news?"

"because he is a bodhissatvha. how else could he have done it.
just, how else could he have done it?

what a jubilant day when this bill gets passed.
we can all barely wait!

Posted by: jkaren | March 17, 2010 8:13 PM | Report abuse

watching more of this meanspirited and awful interview
is really making me ill:-(
sending light and patience and goodness
to president obama
for putting up with all of this.

Posted by: jkaren | March 17, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

"The paper’s stars, Bob Kaiser, Bob Woodward, Sally Quinn, are all looking at 70."

Sally Quinn is a "star," who knew?

Posted by: Castorp1 | March 17, 2010 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Ezra:

I love reading you and Steven Pearlstein but I must take issue with the Vanity Fair's fawning profile of the Post. I have read the Post since I was born and raised here in DC. They have declined in the quality especially in the editorials. Fred Hiatt has single handedly destroyed much of the Post's credibility. However, I shall remain reading you - I enjoy your comments.

Posted by: AD1971 | March 17, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

i had meant to post this, to share for st patrick's day.
it is quite moving and beautiful.

Posted by: jkaren | March 18, 2010 1:12 AM | Report abuse

Pete Davis' proposed Constitutional Amendment: "Nothing in this Constitution shall be construed to restrict the power to limit, though not to ban, campaign expenditures of non-citizens of the United States during the last 60 days before an election."

My Constitutional Amendment: "No corporation or entity of any kind, other than human beings, shall be construed to have any rights whatsoever under this Constitution."

Posted by: cjo30080 | March 18, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

"I'll be on Charlie Rose's and Rachel Maddow's shows tonight."

Then few people will see you

Posted by: WrongfulDeath | March 18, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse