Relationships would be more straightforward this way

The trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is pretty great:

By Ezra Klein  |  March 25, 2010; 4:37 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Some thoughts on hyping the fringes
Next: Conservatives reject Frum-ism

Comments

I think it incites violence against evil ex-boyfriends. Which maybe isn't a bad thing.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | March 25, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | March 25, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Why is there a double post? I didn't press the submit button again. I didn't refresh. It's not twice as nice the second time. Whassup wit' dat?

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | March 25, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

It looks like a Youtube mashup rather than a real movie.

Posted by: tomtildrum | March 25, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

More straightforward? Yes. Painful? Also yes. Either way, this movie looks pretty awesome. It seems like everything Michael Cera is in ends up being hilarious.

Posted by: SashaAriane | March 25, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Umm... why?...

I don't want to see The Fix in a smoking jacket, and I don't want to see movie trailers on your blog either.

I mean I just left what I was doing at work for 1 minute to literally type in the address for you blog to see what was going on in the world of politics and ... if this is the kind of thing I end up finding on a regular basis, I'm probably going to stop taking the time.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: paul65 | March 25, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

"if this is the kind of thing I end up finding on a regular basis, I'm probably going to stop taking the time."

Bye! Here's a refund of your zero dollar subscription fee: .

Going to blog on Jamie Oliver's ABC show, Ezra?

Posted by: pseudonymousinnc | March 25, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, that was sufficiently interesting that I might have to pick up the comic book on which it is based...

Posted by: MosBen | March 25, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

i agree with paul65 -- not interested :)

fwiw, i don't like to get political views from movie reviewers either. (i'm looking at you david brooks!)

Posted by: paul65 | March 25, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

For gods sakes, he's not turning this into a movie blog. He just posted a (pretty cool looking) trailer. Don't watch it if you only want the political posts!

Posted by: MosBen | March 25, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Psst ... Paul65 -- to sockpuppet, you have to change your handle. Just a tip.

It's a blog. Ezra shares a bunch of stuff he's interested in. You don't like a post, don't read it; read the next one. That's how a blog works.

Personally, I enjoy the variety.

Posted by: tracy2 | March 25, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse