Career -- and life -- goals officially met

I've been fake-quoted in The Onion.

By Ezra Klein  |  April 9, 2010; 7:59 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What makes NPR (and the Economist) so special?
Next: Some individual mandate discussion

Comments

Man, that is awesome.

Posted by: MosBen | April 9, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse

Wow, and I just saw you mentioned in a front page story on Politico. Big day for you!

Posted by: MosBen | April 9, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

:-)

Posted by: jkaren | April 9, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Awesome. I feel like I'm back in show and tell. The child pundits have this weakness: they truly can have no real, inner sense of the link between money and work. They necessarily have spent a small fraction of their lives working for money. Only by working over long years do you truly know that time is money, that you are trading time for money. That's why Klein and his cohort have such a cavalier attitude toward other people's money, and can so easily and carelessly assert that it is "moral" for people to give up their hard earned money to finance someone else's healthcare, house, granite countertops, or whatever else. The moral posturing and pontification of the very young should not be taken too seriously.

Posted by: truck1 | April 9, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

First Colbert and now The Onion? Sweet!

What's next? Strongbad shout out? SNL skit mention? Maybe a cameo in the next Wes Anderson move? Has this past year been a GD roller coaster or what?

Rock on E!

Posted by: BHeffernan1 | April 9, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Hey Truck1, I think your automatic troll-postinator is broken. Might want to go out back and kick it or something.

Posted by: BHeffernan1 | April 9, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

" The moral posturing and pontification of the very young should not be taken too seriously."

absolutely.
consider them as a grain of salt.

after all,
what could a young person possibly know of "life?"
they havent suffered enough.
"experienced enough."
"lived enough." "toiled enough."

they are best.

Posted by: jkaren | April 9, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

congrats!

and i saw the politico story too. be careful though. Tiger Woods was a prodigy too ;-)

Posted by: visionbrkr | April 9, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Ha! When I was in the 6th grade, a friend and I protested outside a hospital that was denying a low-income leukemia patient a bone-marrow transplant. No wonder my Republican parents were annoyed at me. I should have guessed that leukemia veered to the right. It's so obvious now!

Posted by: slag | April 9, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

@slag: "When I was in the 6th grade, a friend and I protested outside a hospital that was denying a low-income leukemia patient a bone-marrow transplant. No wonder my Republican parents were annoyed at me"

Did they stop you?

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | April 9, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations! The best part of the story, though, is that leukemia is worried that teaming up with Republicans will hurt its public image :)

Posted by: coatesa2 | April 9, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

truck1, don't you have a lawn to be guarding, or perhaps Matlock to be watching?

Posted by: MosBen | April 9, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

@Kevin_Willis
"Did they stop you?"

They didn't know until after the fact. So, no.

Posted by: slag | April 9, 2010 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Man, you've hit the big time.

Seriously, though, the fake quote is recognition that you have been one of the preeminent commentators relative to the year long drama of the health insurance/care reform effort.

Posted by: ChrisBrown11 | April 9, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations.

Posted by: punchaxverulam | April 10, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

So awesome! Congratulations! That's an awesome fake quote too, it sounds like something you might actually say... I mean in terms of syntax, not content.

Posted by: metricdisco | April 11, 2010 3:41 AM | Report abuse