Uncle Brutha's

UncleBruthasFireSauce.jpgGood news! The pepper-popping madman behind Uncle Brutha's hot sauce is getting his business back on its feet and gearing up for an expansion! D.C. folk will know the score on this one: Uncle Brutha's is the hot sauce of the gods, or at least of people who really like good hot sauce. They used to have a store in Eastern Market stocking not only their product but hundreds of other hot sauces besides. That closed down, but they're still selling their stuff online, and it's well worth placing an order.

And no, they haven't paid me to say any of this. It's just seriously good hot sauce, and that's pretty much #2 on the Things I Care About list (behind health care, obvs).

By Ezra Klein  |  May 17, 2010; 5:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Where's all the debt coming from?
Next: Reconciliation

Comments

Very seriously good stuff! My favorite hot sauces.

Posted by: robinshuster | May 17, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Ezra, your #5 link on the think tank doesn't have a link on it. (The one on Google saving the news)

Posted by: DDAWD | May 17, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

You just sold me two bottles of hot sauce. And I don't even like hot sauce.

Who says WaPo needs advertisers?

Posted by: slag | May 17, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

I've bought Uncle Brutha's at Le Pain Quotidien and Marvelous Market near Eastern Market as well.

Posted by: Castorp1 | May 17, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

This is something we can have a bi-partisan agreement on. His stuff is amazing. I first bought it at the eastern market Sunday street fair over 4 or 5 years ago. Love it

Posted by: Natstural | May 18, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse