Lunch break

Alvin Greene, the Democrats' peculiar nominee in the South Carolina Senate race, releases his official rap song.

Update: The faux-Twitter account fooled me. This isn't official, though Alvin Greene likes it.

By Ezra Klein  |  July 23, 2010; 12:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Why a climate bill failed
Next: Sen. Kent Conrad: 'The immediate threat is not the debt. It’s weak aggregate demand.'

Comments

sort of a sugarhill gang vibe.

Posted by: PorkBelly | July 23, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I think this guy is presidential material. But he's going to really have to go maverick, and run as an independent. No one party is sufficient to hold the greatness of Alvin Greene. Who is a hero. And who can employ us all by having us making Alvin Greene action figures.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | July 23, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"He's gonna give lots of money to the schools and stuff."

Posted by: theo2709 | July 23, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Please explain why he's dubbed "peculiar." Also, a la Journolist, if this was posted by a conservative writer or on a conservative website, I don't think there would be more than one second before that person was labeled, per Journolist instructions, as "racist" by some Journolist members.

Posted by: frankensundae | July 23, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

frankens,
of course anything a blogger posts should be judged in the context of their work over a longer period of time. why not?

Posted by: claytex | July 23, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I am not sure that i would discount Greene. He reminds me of Palin: outsider and limited speaking skills. The difference is that he appears more authentic. He doesn't claim to be an outsider, he is an outsider. His speaking skills aren't polished to any degree but he speaks plainly.

I have to say i find him a little refreshing and his lack of finesse adds to his appeal. This can play with disillusioned voters. If he could get a manager that can harness these qualities, he will do better than you think. Of course this is conditioned upon his knowledge of issues and his solutions to those issues (one of the biggest reason I don't support Palin).

I especially liked the credits with Dad.

It'll be interesting to see him debate demint.

I will watch this race even though I live in Omaha.

Posted by: Rickandpaula82 | July 23, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rmgregory | July 23, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

rmgregory: "Was Alvin Greene a JournoList member, or an outsider? Were any non-whites members of JournoList?"

To answer your questions: (1) Why on earth would Alvin Greene be a JournoList member, and (2) several black and Hispanic people have already stated that they are Journolist members.

Posted by: tomveiltomveil | July 23, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse