Tom Toles is worth a thousand words

c_07232010.gif

By Ezra Klein  |  July 23, 2010; 10:07 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: CBO: Public option could save $68 billion by 2020
Next: Stimulus debates

Comments

I created an account to tell you that you should be ashamed of yourself. You disgust me and deserve to be fired immediately. Good day.

Posted by: madmj | July 23, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

@madmj: "Is that meant to be ironic, posting it on the Tom Toles cartoon?"

Other than hosting a private conversation and not immediately tell everybody the private contents of that conversation, what did Ezra do that he should be ashamed of, and demands he be fired? I mean, really?

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | July 23, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Uh, how 'bout being part of an organization that conspired to deliberately distort and misrepresent the news, and slander innocent people?

Klein is a f---ing yellow journalist and nothing more. Worthless hack.

Posted by: kpres | July 23, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

And BTW, this isn't a "gotcha" moment. A gotcha moment is when you catch somebody in an innocent slip of the tongue and blow it out of proportion, not when you expose them as a slimy, dishonest and partisan snake, who's compromised the integrity of the institution they represent.

Posted by: kpres | July 23, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and I love this....

RRAACIISST!!!! Grrrr!!!

Posted by: kpres | July 23, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Can I say the word "ass" on this board? Consider this a test.

Posted by: MosBen | July 23, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Ha ha! I can say "ass"! Ok, comment proceeding as planned:

kpres, so ~60 out of 400 people on the list are known, and you're willing to call Ezra a racist? I mean, let's ignore Mr. Kim from the list of people at that link, and whether having Jews, Christians, men, and women qualifies in any way as "diversity". Aren't you worried that, say, Eugene Robinson will be person 61? I'm not saying he or any other black person was on the list, but don't you think that making big pronouncements about the diversity of the list when you only know around 16% of the members leaves you a little vulnerable to looking like a complete ass (see, you knew it was coming!)?

Also, you should really do a little research into the terms libel, slander, and defamation and their legal meaning before tossing them around. I think you'll find that nothing we know about what was said on JournoList would make for a good law suit.

Finallly, when I first was scrolling through the posts, I thought you were calling Ezra "yellow" like they did in the Old West. Though referencing Yellow Journalism is ok, I must say that I was disappointed. I like Old West put-downs, so feel free to call Ezra a cur, you know, if you wanna.

Posted by: MosBen | July 23, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

re: the Journolist headshots.

I'm beginning to think there was a conspiracy. Ezra was perhaps the best looking member of the list. Can you say: "litmus test"?

@kpres: "Klein is a f---ing yellow journalist and nothing more. Worthless hack."

You need to use more profanity and a lot more exclamation points before I can take you seriously.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | July 23, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Also, around here, it's really caps-only if you want us to consider your well-argued points.

Posted by: MosBen | July 23, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't that snake be on a Don't Tread on Me flag? Might as well put all the snakes together in one place.

Also, yes, it is ironic that the teabaggers have usurped the Don't Tread on Me flag for their logo. But they bought it; they own it.

Posted by: slag | July 23, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I can't imagine Tom complaining about gotcha journalism two years ago.

Posted by: sold2u | July 23, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse