Recap: Who the financial sector is ripping off; this is a good time to look at our rhetoric, even if rhetoric wasn't responsible for the shooting; and Rep. Paul Ryan hasn't been very fiscally responsible lately.
1) Did you know bananas "trees" aren't trees at all, but the world's largest herb?
2) Rep. Leo Ryan was not, as I've said before, the last representative to be killed while serving in Congress. Rep. Lawrence McDonald was killed when the Soviet Union shot down the Korea Air jetliner that he was on.
3) In Pakistan, the shooter is the hero.
4) Why radio announcers talk like radio announcers.
5) I'll be discussing the role political rhetoric played in Arizona on the Charlie Rose show tonight.
Recipe(s) of the day: Hot toddies.
| January 10, 2011; 7:00 PM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Towards better budget hawks
Next: Wonkbook: Gun control legislation being introduced; the Fed is the most profitable bank in history; previewing the oil spill report