Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 6:36 PM ET, 10/ 3/2008

VP Debate Part II

By Michael Dobbs

Some factual errors and foibles that escaped the attention of the Fact Checking team during Thursday night's Vice Presidential Debate from St. Louis:


Joe Biden: McCain voted to raise taxes

Biden claimed that John McCain "voted the exact same way" as Barack Obama on a non-binding budget resolution that assumed that the Bush tax cuts will expire, as scheduled, in 2011. That is not true. McCain was not present in the Senate chamber for the 51-44 vote, which split along party lines. The vote did not actually raise taxes: it merely set general budgetary guidelines.

Biden's favorite restaurant
In an attempt to burnish his Main Street credentials, Biden invited voters to walk with him down Union Street in Wilmington, and visit "Katie's restaurant." According to Wilmington food guru Patricia Talorico, the much-loved Wilmington institution shuttered its doors in the 1980s and has now been replaced by a chain.

Biden on Hezbollah
Joe Biden misspoke when he claimed that the United States and France had "kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon." The radical Islamic fundamentalist group has run militias in Lebanon since the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, and masterminded the suicide bombing against the U.S. Marine baracks in Beirut in 1983. It enjoys the support of much of the Shiite population of southern Lebanon. As Biden mentioned, there was talk about sending a NATO-led force to southern Lebanon in 2006, but the idea was dropped after the United States and leading European countries refused to provide the necessary troops.

Sarah Palin on Afghanistan
Showing off her foreign policy credentials, Sarah Palin jumped into an argument with Biden about a recent statement by the commander of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, suggesting that an Iraqi-style surge would not work in that country. Palin referred to the Afghan commander three times as "General McClellan," when, in fact, his name is General David McKiernan. (There was a Civil War general named General George McClellan, who was fired by President Lincoln for not taking the fight to the enemy.) McKiernan called for an increase in U.S. troops in Afghanistan, but argued that the key to victory lay in a long-term counter-insurgency effort "that could last many years" followed by a political solution. Biden summed up the general's statement more accurately than Palin.

Palin on Iraq
The Alaska governor claimed that U.S. troop strength in Iraq is down to "pre-surge levels." In fact, the U.S. still has more than 140,000 troops in Iraq. Prior to the start of the surge in January 2007, it had around 132,000 troops in the country.

By Michael Dobbs  | October 3, 2008; 6:36 PM ET
Categories:  Candidate Record, Candidate Watch, Other Foreign Policy  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Palin twists the facts on Darfur
Next: McCain fudges his Navy record

Comments

Palin also "twisted" the facts on Obama's tax plan which would give healthy tax CUTS, not tax hikes, to 81% of Americans. She also twisted the facts on Obama's Health Care Plan that would not be mandatory for adults, and the plan would be administered by private Insurance companies and NOT the Federal Government.

Posted by: radical_moderate | October 3, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I beleive Obama's plan to tax the rich will drive jobes out of the country He also said he will take from the rich and give it to the the middle cals and the poor class The welfare system that I and millions of other Americans have been paying for is big enough already What ever happened to the workfare system that was started by local goverment in Connecticut.I do not want my health care quality to decrease by nationalized health care as in other countries.They all come here for the best medical care any way that they can't get over there. I spoke to a high ranking official in the armed forces when working in Maryland last spring. He said the war we were really winning is Affganistan He had just returned from that battle feild weeks before we spoke So who is telling the truth anyway. Sarah did a great job in the debate because she got to talk directly to the American. That is her nitch. People relate to the clear regular talk. She is the real deal. God bless us all

Posted by: Rene | October 3, 2008 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Have you seen the picture of the Katie's parking lot? I think Biden's point was that times are hard, and local restaurants are not doing well. Katie's replacement, Wings To Go, doesn't seem to be doing much better. See picture at http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/uploaded_images/IMG_6566-718558.JPG

Posted by: Erica Peters | October 3, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Did Palin answer any question Gwen Ifil asked?

I heard just 4 words from Palin. And out of 4, 3 are repeated atleast 1 million times since last 5 weeks.

Alaaaaaaska
Naiveté
Dangerous
Energy
and wink all the time

I would expect some mindful discussion from my VP candidate if he/she wants my vote.
I pity Grand Old Party … that could not find any good candidate for #2 spot.

Ravi

Posted by: Ravi | October 3, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

"Masterminded" the attack on the Marine Barracks?

Caspar Weinberger, SecDef from 1981-1987, told PBS in 2001:

“But we still do not have the actual knowledge of who did the bombing of the Marine barracks at the Beirut Airport, and we certainly didn’t then.”

Do you know something he does not?

Posted by: factcheckingthefactchecker | October 3, 2008 10:21 PM | Report abuse

I was fascinated by Palin's repetitious chatter her facial expressions and occasional grimaces. She might be a natural commedienne, somewhat like Danny Kaye
in the "Inspector General".
Doing what she knows to do she did well and many who like her will say, "Well, I make them kinds of slips myself"
What stirs my imagination is her meeting with Medvedev,or rather, Putin.

Good suggestion for a movie directed by Woody Allen.

Posted by: Frank Lornitzo | October 3, 2008 10:30 PM | Report abuse

I was fascinated by Palin's repetitious chatter her facial expressions and occasional grimaces. She might be a natural commedienne, somewhat like Danny Kaye
in the "Inspector General".
Doing what she knows to do she did well and many who like her will say, "Well, I make them kinds of slips myself"
What stirs my imagination is her meeting with Medvedev,or rather, Putin.

Good suggestion for a movie directed by Woody Allen.

Posted by: Frank Lornitzo | October 3, 2008 10:32 PM | Report abuse

A cutesy wink and g-dropping vocabulary for the blue collar backwoods bubbas and a couple of "those tax and spend liberals" slogans mixed in are so disarming and familiar.

A no goof up performance is considered a good performance because of so much previously deficient palaver and more than enough prevarication. Pathetic.

A pitiful Peter Principle pattern in progress.

It seems the number of grammatical and spelling errors in a given post or the number of zeros in your annual salary, take your choice, is directly proportional to the level of support there is for Over Reachin' Railin' Palin.

The wealthy Pubs who disdain the WAPO and the rednecks who can't or don't want to read anyway don't care about facts any more than the desperate Dems who need a win more than ever.

BUT

I have to go with the Dems because of THESE facts:

1) Over the last eight years they didn't put us in the most desperate shape we've been in since WWII, stated stats and twisted facts notwithstanding.

The Pubs did. (>>8yrs. King George the Lesser + 6 out of 8 yrs. Congress

2) Palin isn't up to this job, although she'd make a great announcer for the Armed Forces News Service broadcasts.

3) McCain may be a renegade maverick Bushie, but he's still a Bushie nevertheless.

When you come to think of it, aren't those facts enough reasons for the rest of us to VOTE OBAMA '08! ??

Posted by: HiloBob | October 3, 2008 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Re "As Biden mentioned, there was talk about sending a NATO-led force to southern Lebanon in 2006, but the idea was dropped after the United States and leading European countries refused to provide the necessary troops."

The "fact checker" has a short memory: following the Israeli bombings against Lebanon in 2006, in response to Lebanon's pleas for protection a robust UN peacekeeping force jointly headed by Italy and France with support from Spain, Greece, China, Indonesia, Turkey, Nepal and various other countries not only went in to patrol the border zone and prevent further hostilities, it's still there!
http://www.un.org/Depts/dpko/missions/unifil/
Current head Major General Claudio Graziano (Italy), authorised strength 15000, current strength 12334.
Largest contingents: France 2000 ground forces + 1700 navy, Italy 2500 ground forces, Germany 2400 navy, Spain 1000, Indonesia 1000 China 1000 etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNIFIL#Post-2006_war_operations

Posted by: Eternalcityblues | October 4, 2008 1:30 AM | Report abuse

I have learned a new way to answer questions I do not know by listening to the VP debate. When Sarah Palin did not know the answer she answered her own question. When I am doing an exam and find a question I cannot answer I will write my own question and give the answer. Good by to wrong answers.

Posted by: Challgaunt | October 4, 2008 1:32 AM | Report abuse

80u0o5rc http://www.796686.com/711475.html > yt8oxbgen [URL=http://www.759455.com/265410.html] 36xgzgwndevq [/URL] d4osop21ax

Posted by: zznfy60yel | October 4, 2008 2:46 AM | Report abuse

1bal79innq627d http://www.1077956.com/545282.html > 2qmgo0q18xxi1tp [URL=http://www.488074.com/194962.html] 20mt1478k6 [/URL] 2uzr9tq6

Posted by: 4sva1lujpq | October 4, 2008 3:05 AM | Report abuse

I have learned a new way to answer questions I do not know by listening to the VP debate. When Sarah Palin did not know the answer she answered her own question. When I am doing an exam and find a question I cannot answer I will write my own question and give the answer. Good by to wrong answers.

Posted by: Challgaunt | October 4, 2008 1:32 AM


I wonder if people actually paid attention to what Biden said. Go back and read the transcript. Biden does the same thing on several questions. He's just much smoother at it.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 3:07 AM | Report abuse

Re: Biden's favorite restaurant

LMAO Dobbs what the hell are you doing? Is this the best you can come up with? Did you actually waste time looking that up?

I can just see people not voting for Obama based on Biden's restaurant naming skills.

I'm voting for McCain, but damn, thats weak.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 3:14 AM | Report abuse


From:
Head of State
http://headofstate.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-may-not-answer-questions-way-you-and.html

Friday, October 03, 2008
I May Not Answer The Questions The Way You And The Moderator Want...

Palin: I may not answer the questions the way you and the moderator want, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people

Ifill: Ok...Gov. Palin. Sen. McCain has said that he will take on the excesses of the financial industries that have led to today's chaos. Yet, Sen. McCain has been for deregulation of those industries throughout his career. How do you resolve that seemingly glaring inconsistency?

Palin: Well, like I said. I'm an outsider, so it's time for straight talk. In Alaska, we like a good cup of Mocha. Good n' strong. And that's how I want out government to be. Good and strong. We won't let terrorist or Al Qaeda march into our towns, into Wasilla--and I know that we're behind that. Why, I just saw a hockey mom walkin' with Joe Sixpack on Main Street in Wasilla.

And so I think that's the way that we can best support our people.

Biden: With all due respect, the Governor has not answered the question. The facts are that in virtually every legislative instance where Sen. McCain has had the opportunity to place reasonable regulations on financial industry before this crisis occurred, he has not done so. It is only with the advent of his campaign that he has begun making these statements. Sen. Obama and I have called for such regulation long before.

Ifill: Gov. Palin?

Palin: There you go, Joe, usin' those facts and those figures that Washington insiders use. Regular, everyday Americans don't want those fancy facts and figures. They want to know that they're getting straight talk--even if it doesn't answer the question at all.

Ifill: Our next question is on Iraq and Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan has now gone on for over 8 years. We have seen a return of violence to multiple areas in Afghanistan, where the origins of the conflict began, while most funding has been devoted to Iraq, where there was no direct link to the origins of the fight against terrorist group. Sen. Palin, specifically, how would you modify current policy to ensure that proper military effort and funding are being devoted to Afghanistan, and what specific plans would you propose for phasing out action in Iraq and in creating strategic and tactical military progress in Afghanistan?

Palin: Well, Gwen, like I said, I'm an outsider, and outsiders, like mavericks, make their own rules, and that includes how they answer questions. So I'd like to give a shout out to the third grade class in the APO in Kabul. Hey kids! Now, I'm sure that those kids, just like all decent Americans, believe that General Petreaus is doing a heroic job, and we know that he will keep the terrorist on the run in main theatre of the war, Iraq, without showing the white flag of surrender, until we win. Hi, Kids. And with general Petreaus in place, we have the surge...and the surge is working in Iraq, and so the surge would work in Afghanistan, where General Petreus's brave principles would also win them their freedom if we don't surrender. After all, it's like we say in Wasilla, it's energy independence, the phrase is "Drill, Baby, Drill." I respect you, Sen. Biden, for doing things wrong. And that's why John McCain will stand in the face of terror for our freedoms.

Ifill: Senator Biden?

Biden: The general who is the commander of forces in Afghanistan has said--today--that the surge strategy will notwork in Afghanistan. I want you to listen to that again. The commander in Afghanistan--not Joe Biden--has said that the surge will not work in Afghanistan. You just have to listen to the person who is actually in charge of that specific area. That's a fact.

Palin: General McClellan did not say that. He did not say that a strategy of hold and secure would not work in Afghanistan. General McClellan is the Joe Sixpack of Afghanistan--every hockey mom knows that. How long have I been at this, five weeks? Me and McCain and Joe Sixpack and hockey moms--we share that worldview.

Voice of Truth, at a frequency only able to be heard by dogs: His name is McKiernan. McKiernan. McClellan was a general in the Civil War. McKiernan.

Biden: The general...(gracefully) did say that. And, I do have to say, Gwen, I did not hear a plan. Sen. Obama and I, if we have the privilege of taking office, will remove troops from Iraq within 18 months, will ensure that Iraq troops can become responsible for their own security, and will devote those extraordinary funds to the security and financial needs of Americans where it is most necessary---in Afghanistan, and here at home.

Ifill: Alright, now we move onto the question of your own qualifications. Gov. Palin, you have been criticized recently for being unprepared for the Vice Presidency, or the possibility of the Presidency. Sen. Biden, you have been critiqued for being undisciplined. Can you name your Achilles Heel, as it were? Sen. Biden, first:

Biden: Well, I'm sure that lack of discipline is only one of my flaws. But I know that we will work as hard as we can for this country.

Ifill: Gov. Palin?

Palin: No. But that's such a short answer, so I'll say this. Gwen, I have the experience for doin' this job, the executive experience, and I think we need that kind of experience, of what folks are wantin' on Main Street in Wasilla, and what hockey moms are wantin' too! And I know that John McCain will also bring the experiences necessary to this great nation, to preserve our great freedoms. Sen. Biden isn't a hockey mom. He didn't grow up on Main Street in Wasilla. Joe Sixpack did. I may not have an Achilles heel, or know what one is. And that's exactly what America needs. And that's why Americans will be proud and free.

Cite:
Head of State
http://headofstate.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-may-not-answer-questions-way-you-and.html

Posted by: Jana Walter | October 4, 2008 5:35 AM | Report abuse

The only lie at the debate was Palin lying about McCain's stance on bankruptcy protection for first homes. So, of course, the Post ignores it.

Posted by: Ura Hack | October 4, 2008 6:22 AM | Report abuse

When my daughter came home from school yesterday, she told me that the students at her school was discussing about the VP debate. They were talking about Sarah didn't answer most of the questions. Some believed that she didn't know the answers. Other are wondering if they can do the same thing on the test. They just wink at the teacher and give any answer. These are a few comment from 7th grader at Florida Public School.

Posted by: workingmom | October 4, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

"For Sarah Palin, Thursday's night’s debate was an open-book exam. She spent much of the evening methodically reading and rehearsing answers from “carefully scripted talking points.” Palin’s notes were largely hidden from plain view, resting behind the lectern where she stood. Because the cable and network television stations did not show a split screen of the debate, most viewers could not see that, during Joe Biden’s answers, Palin spent almost all her time looking down and studiously reading her notes. But viewers did see that when Palin delivered her answers, she would repeatedly glance down to check her talking points. ThinkProgress has compiled a video documenting some of the instances where it was clear to the audience that Palin was propped up by written responses. Watch a video compilation."

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/03/palin-can-read/

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

To Michael Dobbs:

When we read "fact checking" we expects some integrity to accomodate the conclusion of such an exhaustive examination of facts...we do not expect lies to be promoted at the expense of truth. I do not know why there was such an eagerness to label Joe Biden a liar and ignore all the lies that came from the podium from Sarah Palin. I do not know whether your ambition to impede the outcome of the trend of the election is crowding out your rationale to be fair and honest. You should not write ANYTHING if you claim to be a fact checker....and your facts are a bunch of desires as oppose to truth. Find another line of work that could best utilize your lies more efficiently.

Posted by: SRD | October 4, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

When my daughter came home from school yesterday, she told me that the students at her school was discussing about the VP debate. They were talking about Sarah didn't answer most of the questions. Some believed that she didn't know the answers. Other are wondering if they can do the same thing on the test. They just wink at the teacher and give any answer. These are a few comment from 7th grader at Florida Public School.

Posted by: workingmom | October 4, 2008 9:48 AM


LOL Come on you DNC guys can do better than posting a BS story like this. It works a lot better if you just say "Even my 7th grader could see Palin was full of it."

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

RE: Hezbollah, it is obvious that Biden meant to say "Syria," and that he does not think we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon. This is clear because his next two or three sentences were condemning our failure to get Hezbollah out of power in Lebanon, which would have made absolutely no sense if he thought we had gotten them out of the country entirely. You should clarify this point so that people do not think Biden is wrong on the facts--he really did just misspeak.

RE: Katie's Restaurant, apparently the NY Times investigated this (earth-shattering news that it is), and found that while Katie's has been closed for 15 years, there is another restaurant with a similar name on the same block where Biden is in fact a regular (not the wings place that replaced Katie's itself), and that appears to be the one Biden meant to refer to. So, again, he did misspeak, but this is truly trivial--he's not trying to misrepresent his "man of the people" bona fides or anything.

Posted by: SBS1 | October 4, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

For the record, General George McClellan was also the Democratic nominee for President against Lincoln in 1864. Lincoln ran that year with Tennessee Democrat Andrew Johnson on the Union party ticket. General McClellan was probably best noted for putting planning way over execution and was eventually replaced by Lincoln for this approach.

Posted by: ejgallagher1 | October 4, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Probably the best remembered shots of the debate were when Sarah tagged Biden with his then truthful opinions of Barak prior to his becoming vp candidate. Even Biden had to smile, because he knew she nailed him. Every hit was like a Mastercard commercial, "Priceless". The odds are pretty good that Barak's 7-8 point lead will be back down to 4 points by Tuesday.

Posted by: johs | October 4, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

VP debate: both did not answer the questions correctly. Sarah Palin, you are excused but you will catch up in no tine. But shame on you Joe Biden for having 35 years of experience and still know nothing.

Posted by: vilo | October 4, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

VP debate: both did not answer the questions correctly. Sarah Palin, you are excused but you will catch up in no tine. But shame on you Joe Biden for having 35 years of experience and still know nothing.

Posted by: Vilo | October 4, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Biden on Hezbollah
Joe Biden misspoke when he claimed that the United States and France had "kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon."

========
I believe he meant Syria.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Sarah Palin did you great in the debate. She is the one who will bring a big change into this sinking country. Go Sarah Go! God is with you!

Posted by: Donnie | October 4, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Is God with you, Donnie? Is He with Senator Biden, too? How do you know?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

I have a word to say about Palin as a mother, since I have some claim to expertise in that department. While I condone her openness about having a severely handicapped infant, I am appalled at the insensitive way she puts him on display over and over, being handed from one to another of her family in public like a sack of potatoes. The poor child has no affect, doesn't utter a sound and never moves. It's impossible to say how aware he is of his surroundings, but my guess is that to the extent he is capable of being confused and uneasy, he is not comfortable in the crowds and bright lights. If Palin using him to garner sympathy? Advertise her objection to abortion and her courageous acceptance of the "will of God"? Whatever her motives -- and I reject utterly that they have anything whatsoever to do with maternal love -- they seem to be calculated and cold.

Posted by: marm | October 4, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Boxing is the best metaphor I can think of to express my impression of Palin's performance in her debate with Biden. She did a lot of wild flailing about but never landed a single punch. Indeed, it seemed to me that she often wasn't in the same ring with her opponent but was actually somewhere else shadow-boxing with Barack Obama -- or perhaps a moose.

Not only did she strike out meaninglessly, but she did some pretty fancy footwork avoiding questions aimed at her. That might well stand her in good stead as a member of a Republican administration, since the current one has established superior ability in dodging inquiries into its questionable and devious strategies for carrying out equally questionable and devious policies, but that skill is one of its characteristics that mandate turning the bums out, not just in this election cycle, but any in the foreseeable future. Palin has already shown talent in this regard by refusing to cooperate with the investigation into the "Troopergate" matter in Alaska.

To see male GOP strategists and commentators like Pat Buchanan, for example, drooling over so mediocre a performance as Palin gave during the debate with Biden, is sickening and attests to the value of being pretty and flirtatious. That, after all, is what women are supposed to be, right? Not intellectual and serious.

Posted by: marm | October 4, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: marm | October 4, 2008 3:09 PM

She tagged him and tagged him. Its obvious you are a watcher of the "Man Crush for Obama Boys" or SNL's Pat look alike

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I have a word to say about Palin as a mother, since I have some claim to expertise in that department. While I condone her openness about having a severely handicapped infant, I am appalled at the insensitive way she puts him on display over and over.

Posted by: marm | October 4, 2008 2:49 PM


You're right. Obama really needs to stop putting his daughters on display like that. He's basically using them for his own political ambitions.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I think if I hear one more person indicate they like Sarah Palin because she relates well to people, I may just scream!! What are we choosing...a roomate or a vice president? People are acting like they've never had a leader who people "liked" before. Please people, THINK!!! We've been led by "good old boy" George for the last eight years. That is exactly the same reason people voted for him. Don't we ever learn ANYTHING?

Please keep in mind the welfare of our country when choosing this time. Our futures absolutely depend on it.

Posted by: Judy in Kansas | October 4, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

How good is the Palin addition for McCain? Today I ran across this (1 min) link with quite a few FACTS that really puts 'caribou barbie’ in her place. Ron Allen ferrets out the TRUTH about her qualifications. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN54Fb9dLKs&NR=1

Posted by: Shamika111 | October 4, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Palin clearly got more facts wrong than Biden. Palin was wrong about obama not acknowledging the surge. palin was wrong on Obama voting to raise taxes on Americans making $ 42,000. Palin is a walking puppet for Mccain. Palin doesn't say anything that she wasn't told to say. Palin doesn't think for herself. The Mccain campaign tell's Mccain where to walk, what to say, how to say it, next they'll be telling her what she should eat. Palin doesn't have a clue on a variety of issues. Palin would make history if the country is naive enough to elect Mccain as president, to be the only VP that assistant knows more than she does. How will Palin help govern the country when she only can speak about 2 issues inwhich she has made controversial statements about. Energy, and global warming. Didn't Palin say global warming was not man made. Palin is dangerous and should never step foot into the oval office.

Posted by: Palin/Mccain is the Dangerous Ticket | October 4, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Palin didn't do better than expected because she did the same things she's done during interviews. She didn't answer the questions. She didn't answer the questions because she doesn't have a clue about most issues and thats why she isn't ready to be VP

Posted by: Dane | October 4, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I really like Sarah Palin because she relates well to people.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 8:36 PM | Report abuse


how discouraging is it that the person covering for obama's foreign policy blindspots doesnt even know the basics of the recent history of hezbollah and lebanon?

is there going to be someone to whisper in biden's ear before he whisper's in obama's ear?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 9:05 PM | Report abuse

I support the Obama/Biden ticket. They are just what this country desperately needs. Whenever I hear anyone say that Palin has more experience than Obama, I just have to laugh.

Posted by: Ohio mom | October 4, 2008 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Obama showed good judgemnt in choosing Sen. Joe Biden as running mate. Biden outperformed Palin Thursday, as was expected. I think Biden relates better to American people than Palin.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 4, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Did Palin get anything right except for her very first comment, "may I call you Joe?" She is a very stupid woman, she is being used by the McCain campaign in a very negative, sexist manner that all women should object to. SHe cannot help being ignornant on many many of the issues but if we as women do not recongize when we are being made a fool of then it is a really sorry situation for that woman. If Palin got a little backbone, she might be ready for the vice presidency in 20 or 30 years.

Posted by: Marsha | October 4, 2008 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Well Rene, this is what you said--
He also said he will take from the rich and give it to the the middle cals and the poor class The welfare system that I and millions of other Americans have been paying for is big enough already=======
And the welfare that you ignore it corporate welfare. In your mind if some little person got something for nothing it is terrible but where is your rage when corporations live off the government dole? Like for instance the drug companies. They won't give medicare bulk prices on medicine but do for anyone else. Come on, get real. These corporations are costing you more then people getting medicare, social security and drug coverage under social security. Perhaps you would like all of us senior so just pass away?

Posted by: Richard | October 4, 2008 11:07 PM | Report abuse

I liked George Bush because I thought he'd make a great neighbor. I still think he'd make a great neighbor. His presidency speaks for itself.

I actually don't agree Sarah Palin would make a great next door neighbor. Picture, if you will, how a neighborly disagreement would go down.

Sarah Palin does not have your best interests at heart folks. She performed well at the debate I thought, but the operative word here is performed. Bronson Pinchot folks. Look it up. Are some of you folks really buying her winkin' shtick, really? Honestly? Seriously?

I guess that's what's wrong with democracy. You don't need qualifications to vote. Good luck.

Posted by: Robert Breen | October 5, 2008 1:37 AM | Report abuse

85cfinqeiss http://www.312446.com/233458.html > k5p32rwrxp6bwtt [URL=http://www.230539.com/864017.html] y50zoqp6v9f5 [/URL] 62tntlpf7hu

Posted by: 4k1fi6j4rf | October 5, 2008 3:09 AM | Report abuse

McCain says he's going to get tougher on Obama? Swing a little harder? In the first debate McCain fumed, his lips tightened until blood flow stopped, he squinted while he cocked his head and his facial expression went blank and mouth drooped open (obviously pressure inside his head was building to a volcanic level), and smoke shot out of his ears. Is fire going to shoot out of his eyeballs Tuesday? Will he announce he's going back to his cell in Hanoi until election day to get out of the way of the top of his ticket (SARAH!) in her quest for power and the Presidency?

Posted by: Tigman_2 | October 5, 2008 6:32 AM | Report abuse

To say that Sarah did well is to reset the "bar" to a new low. Obfuscation,empty diatribes and a penchant for talking around issues is not a homerun. A vote for McCain is a vote for an unqualified woman to be literally a heartbeat away from the most important job on earth.

Posted by: Robin FL | October 5, 2008 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I guess that's what's wrong with democracy. You don't need qualifications to vote. Good luck.

Posted by: Robert Breen | October 5, 2008 1:37 AM


Everyone can and should vote. Your attitude is what's wrong. You have no idea what democracy is really about.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2008 10:04 AM | Report abuse

As a foreign observer of US politics, I could not help but shudder at the prospect of the most important economic and military power in the world being administered by a McCain-Palin ticket. Only in America could a former newcaster, small town mayor suddenly have the experience to be VP - Fox newsreader would be a better vocation. It is staggering to think that people actually felt that Palin performed well, when she failed to answer questions and ranted about energy independence without any knowledge that this is a complete impossibility for the US (and energy is supposed to be her strong suit). A country gets the politicians it deserves, and I sincerely hope for the rest of the world, America deserves better. I am not convinced that Barack Obama has great experience, but he does have the intellect to take advice from those who have such experience. The prospect of eight more years of pointless foreign wars of occupation is hardly attractive, unless you are a defence contractor.

Posted by: Brad R. Singapore | October 5, 2008 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I don't think Biden misspoke with regards to Hezbollah being "kicked out of Lebanon". I understood what he was referring to, and I'm not even all that well versed. If Biden was at any fault it was because he used short-hand when describing a complex situation, and his part in it. But he wasn't incorrect.

The reference to "we along with France" immediately said United Nations Security Council resolution 1701 that ended the 2006 Lebanon War.

Drafted by France and the U.S. and later including elements of the Siniora Plan, the resolution included disarmament of all paramilitary groups in Lebanon (including the paramilitary wing of Hezbollah).

Unfortunately, there is a difference between "kicking someone out" and actually seeing them leave -- something that anyone who has ever dealt with an unruly customer in a bar will know all too well.

The United Nations forces claimed no mandate to involve themselves in the disarmament. The Lebanese forces were too weak. Israel offered, but (naturally) was rejected. There was talk of sending in more determined NATO forces, but no NATO nations seemed willing to commit (as the NYT article makes clear).

Despite the clear victory over paramilitary groups that UNSC resolution 1701 represented, the absence of any follow-up has permitted Hezbollah's paramilitary forces to remain (and, in fact, now rearm themselves).

Biden's following remarks about the consequence of that type of political vacuum in Lebanon were equally valid, and somewhat poignant given all the tragedy that small nation has endured for decades. Those remarks also make it perfectly clear that he had been referring to the circumstances around UNSC resolution 1701.

An opportunity was squandered in 2006. It doesn't pay to misrepresent that lost opportunity in 2008 as, so the saying goes -- those who forget history are bound to repeat the same mistakes in the future.

Posted by: gd_melb | October 5, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

See Out Takes Of the VP Debates, and all the presidentail debats.
http://www.watchdebates.com

See John McCain loosing his temper, calling a reporter a a hole and saying the f word over and over again.
http://www.mccanes.com

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

As a foreign observer of US politics

Posted by: Brad R. Singapore | October 5, 2008 11:20 AM


Translation - I don't really understand the USA or its culture. Vote Obama for President.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Palin twist the facts on Darfur? Palin doesn't know the facts. Palin doesn't know much of anything. She said it herself. " I only have been at this for 5 weeks, so I haven't promised much" I know more than Palin does and its a shame because she's running for VP. That can't happen. This woman would be just like Bush having others making decision for them because they don't know enough to make decisions. Palin did the same thing she does on the stump. Speak the campaign talking points. Palin couldn't explain why Mccain's positions are the right positions. Look at the first Town Hall meeting she did with Mccain which was the last. She stunk. She couldn't answer any of the audience questions but go back to what she knows little about. This is exactly what Palin did during her interviews, and the debate. Forget about answering the question just talk about what you know. How can anybody vote for someone who can't answer their questions especially when you know why she's not answering them. She doesn't have a answer or a clue what your talking about. Its sad, and it shows a lack of judgement on Mccains part. Mccain is going on the stump, cheering country first, His choice to pick Sarah Palin was a campaign first decision because Sarah Palin has done nothing for the country, she can't even answer the voters question. Mccain/Palin are a joke.

Posted by: Linda | October 5, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

You've got to be kidding! The jobs are already gone. the next time you're talking to someone in India or some other country with access to ALL of your personal info, then think how much we need to stop tax cuts for large corporations that employ the bare minimum of Americans they need to to run their business. McCain has not presented any substantive debate about anything except smears. if you want to find out about McCain just run his name on youtube and watch the videos of his horrible temper, how he can pander out three different positions in one day to three different audiences. Also check out his performance on the POW/MIA committee as he makes the director of that organization cry with his horrible attitude. I believe that the presidential race should be a comparison of policies and not a who smears best contest. That's how we got where we are now.

Posted by: Vince | October 5, 2008 6:34 PM | Report abuse

I find it hard to believe that Senator Obama, with a resume as thin as tissue can even THINK of becoming President this early in his two year political career. There is no way that a white guy would be able to run with such a paltry work history. Where is Colin powell when we need him?

Posted by: Jersey Joe | October 5, 2008 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Obama= 8 years state senate + 4 years US senate + 12 years teaching constitutional law. Imagine that, a president who knows the constitution. You gonna diss the constitution, Jersey Joe?

Posted by: Jersey Jane | October 5, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Obama= 8 years state senate + 4 years US senate + 12 years teaching constitutional law. Imagine that, a president who knows the constitution. You gonna diss the constitution, Jersey Joe?

Posted by: Jersey Jane | October 5, 2008 8:19 PM


Compare that resume to other big players in Congress.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 5, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

If Republicans are such Christians, Why do they support John McCain Knowing his wife is the hier to Budwiser King of D.W.I’s?Sounds like they are a bunch of pagans. Does Palin Know about Cindy’s ties to the Liquer Industry?


Posted by: miguel | October 5, 2008 10:52 PM | Report abuse

sometimes people should check things out befor they start writing.
Former Pres.Carter set the policies in play for the economic crisis we face.
Then Pres. clinton actually made fanney mae and freddy mac to buy the bad morgage so that it was 1/4 of its holding morgages. which in turn gave them more money to loan give more bad loans. which worked for awhile, but the values of the homes started to fall. But now half of there holding morgages are bad. So now the economy is basically frozen. IT will be hard to fix win nobody nows what all these bad morgages are really worth.
Now if you notice the policies that were put in place was done by the dems.
reps have been trying to do something about this for a few years now, but like normal dems didn't want to believe so the stopped every attempt to do something. wonder if they think theres a proplem now.
So I guess you want to vote for Obama becaue.......... I can't think of a reason.
don't want to vote for a person that his spiritual leader does nothing but put down my country.
Don't want to vote for a person that hang around and even train ridical groups like A.C.O.R.N. Which was another reason for are economic problems.
the only thing that I can agree with is the bad morgage problem fell apart while bush was in office.
Obama is the same old story when it comes to politics. Say one thing do another.

Posted by: ridge940 | October 6, 2008 5:25 AM | Report abuse

If Republicans are such Christians, Why do they support John McCain Knowing his wife is the hier to Budwiser King of D.W.I’s?Sounds like they are a bunch of pagans. Does Palin Know about Cindy’s ties to the Liquer Industry?

Posted by: miguel | October 5, 2008 10:52 PM

HAHAHA That's about the dumbest argument I've heard yet. The bar has been raised.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 8:35 AM | Report abuse

have to go with the Dems because of THESE facts:
I CAN'T GO WITH THE DEMS BECAUSE:

1) Over the last eight years they didn't put us in the most desperate shape we've been in since WWII, stated stats and twisted facts notwithstanding.
**In fact congress was and is controled by the Dems and was for this time and THEY not the president made many of the decisions on the economy including the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco. Barney Frank and other Dems have their fingerprints all over this mess. Dems answer to any problem is "tax the people". Obama's answer is to "tax the rich" but the problem is a. who he defines as rich includes the middle class and b. When you raise taxes on people they produce less and buy less ie price controls during the Nixon administration.

The Pubs did. (>>8yrs. King George the Lesser + 6 out of 8 yrs. Congress
***In fact the Republican party made several mistakes and were complicit in many of the economic problems, however, the Dems answers to fix the problem are worse, much like the "the cure being worse than the disease."

2) Palin isn't up to this job, although she'd make a great announcer for the Armed Forces News Service broadcasts.
****The problem with this is that "if" Palin who is the VP candidate not the Presidential candidate is NOT up to the job after being the CEO/governor of a state, then for God's sake how could the Dems Presidential candidate, a "junior senator" with less than 4 yrs of experience and who has never run anything, be qualified? John McCain is the Rep. candidate for President NOT Sarah Palin.
3) McCain may be a renegade maverick Bushie, but he's still a Bushie nevertheless.
****In fact the record will show that McCain has voted against the current president on many occasions as well as his party and in fact was personna non grata among the more strident members of the Rep party for a long time due to his disagreements with them. Also, McCain, NOT Obama has a long history of working with both sides of the aisle (both parties) to enact legislation, unlike the Dem candidate Obama.

When you come to think of it, aren't those facts enough reasons for the rest of us to VOTE OBAMA '08! ??
***When you actually do your research and don't simply accept what the liberal media wants you to accept the answer is clear, Obama is NOT the guy for the job, he has shown a blant inability to lead, compromise, has no experience in running anything let alone a country, has voted on the left all of the time, can not or will not work with the Repubs. and his economic and foreign policy plans are murky at best and incompetent and naive at worst.


Posted by: BILL JOHNSON | October 6, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Interesting....even given several days to further analyze the VP debate, Dobbs & Co. still refuse to fact-check Biden's biggest whopper when he claimed....not once, but twice....during the debate to have helped "put 100,000 new cops on the street".

This refers to the initiative during the Bill Clinton years when most of the money targeted towards these 100,000 cops actually went to merely replacing vacated positions, which would have happened anyway. The actual number of new cops on the street arrived at by most experts is 20,000-25,000, which makes Biden off on his claim by 300%-400%.

Meanwhile, the fairness-challenged Dobbs somehow found the time....again....to chastise Palin for being off by 6% on her claim of troop levels in Iraq.

Nope, no bias here at the Post......

Posted by: dbw1 | October 6, 2008 10:05 AM | Report abuse

The demos have caused 95% of America's problems. Get to the root, the root is a demo. Demos only want to control and to control with socialism. I thought America was Free. NObama does not have the American people in his best interest. I can not and will not vote NObama, he does not like the American people and mark my words, if he is elected America will be destroyed by him.

Posted by: Donna | October 6, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I find it hard to believe that Senator Obama, with a resume as thin as tissue can even THINK of becoming President this early in his two year political career. There is no way that a white guy would be able to run with such a paltry work history. Where is Colin powell when we need him?

Posted by: Jersey Joe | October 5, 2008 7:16 PM

Once again a seeming republican just doesn't know the facts. Pay attention now as a democrat gives you a history lesson.

Lincoln, the best republican ever, had one term in the Illinois legislature and one in the House of Representatives.

Beyond that look at Licoln's bio. Loved his mom and was early on alienated by his dad. Grew up dirt poor(literally)and gained his education through determination.

Gee this former President's history is pretty close to Mr. Obama.

Try literacy, it beats the heck out of ignorance, you betcha.

Posted by: thatsnuts | October 6, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Palin noted that McCain's plan to issue $5,000 credits to taxpayers in order to offset health care costs was "budget neutral."

She did not note how a McCain administration would pay for this credit, however. As it was described by Palin, the McCain health care plan is not budget neutral at all.

Posted by: John in Mpls | October 6, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

SRD:

Biden's alleged "lies" are all frivolous. That's the whole point of Dobbs's "Fact" Checker.

John in Mpls:

Gov. Palin did not get into specifics -- the debate format limited her to 90 second answers -- if you really don't know that McCain's healthcare plan is projected to actually SAVE money and insure MORE people, let mw know.

Posted by: JakeD | October 6, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Well, since Palin is INCAPABLE of even thinking, you have to give her credit for being able to MEMORIZE McCain's Talking Points and regurgitate them by "rote" just like any 'parrot' could do [my apologies to all parrots]! She doesn't have the ability to even have an original thought. During her 44 years of life, she has not been curious about history or current events, so there is no way she could learn about them within the three day time frame prior to her debate.

Well, what can you expect when she DOES NOT NOR HAS NOT even read newspapers! She is IGNORANT and has LITTLE IF ANY KNOWLEDGE about the world around her except that which could embellish her own life on a personal basis. She is completely unqualified to be VP!

Do we really need another Bush in the WH? My fervent prayer is that Alaskans will take her back because I would be EMBARASSED to have her represent me throughout our nation, but I would be HORRIFIED to have her represent Americans throughout the world! OMG, she absolutely would make us the laughing stock of the planet!

Posted by: MadasHelinVA | October 6, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Grew up dirt poor(literally)and gained his education through determination.

Gee this former President's history is pretty close to Mr. Obama.

Posted by: thatsnuts | October 6, 2008 12:58 PM

Are you implying that Obama grew up dirt poor and got his education in the same way Lincoln did?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Democrats for John McCain and Sarah Palin 2008.

Posted by: Kristi | October 6, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

I think it's amazing that the GOP are jumping up and down about a possible tax increase and a possible increase in the size of government if Obama were elected.

They seem to totally ignore that the recent Wall Street bailout is already equivalent to a giant tax increase for everyone. That's a point that seems to be lost on them.

I don't know why the GOP doesn't see the government takeover of the financial services industry as any kind of huge expansion either. You know, more big government that they just don't like. But I guess that's typical -- they just 're-brand' it and call it something else.

They sneer at any hint of government help for people, but government assistance for investment banker fat-cats and multinational corporations seem to be no big deal at all -- they don't have a problem with any of that.

It's cynical and amazing.

Posted by: R | October 6, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Talking to a Obama supporter in anything akin to a reasonable manner is not likely to yield anything other than Bush is bad and free houses for all is revenue neutral.

Posted by: John W. C. | October 6, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

It's cynical and amazing.

Posted by: R | October 6, 2008 5:20 PM

What in the hell are you talking about? A lot of GOP members do not like the bailout. Who do think stopped the first version of the thing?

Posted by: Anonymous | October 6, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Would someone please tell what experience Obama has that qualifies him for President? Being a community activist? First term Senator? Oh I know, he's been campaigning for 18 months. Please enlighten me as to how anyone can possibly think he is qualified, even Biden said he wasn't during the primaries, funny how he is now that Biden is his' choice for VP.

Posted by: Dave | October 6, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

From "Fact of The Matter"
See the full Keating Economics documentary at htp://www.need4trth.blogspot.com

Tonight marks a sad moment in American politics. The McCain Campaign has decided to attack the character of 'Senator Obama, to distract us from the fact that today THE DOW JONES DROPPED BELOW 10,OOO. The reason McCain's camp wants to distract us is, because they are CLUELESS, on what to do about the ECONOMY, needed TAXATION, ending a 7 YEAR WAR and OCCUPATION,which by the way was an egregious, extraordinary glaringly blatant MISTAKE, where lives have been lost and continue to be lost, FIGHTING THE WRONG WAR. McCain having publicly blundered and proved himself a liar when it came down to bringing not both sides of the aisles together but just a certain fringe in his very own party in to agreement. Most notably McCain/Palin/and the RNC are beginning to sense America rise above the lies and the smears and a sleeping stupor, and begin to put their eyes on the Real Man of Integrity and Character and Truth. The REAL "Man In The Arena" Senator Barack Obama, whom we see as MORE CAPABLE AND READY TO LEAD than an erratic confused, name calling, angry, ill tempered, untreated PTSD sufferer of delusions of FALSEHOODS THAT he thinks can win an election. McCain is in fact saying, "I'll call him a Terrorist and Lie that he is somehow involved with Osama Bin Laden, if it wins me the White house."


It is the beginning of the negative campaigning (round 3) for the McCain Campaign and perhaps (round TRUTHS you didn't know about John Sydney McCain)from the Obama Campaign. John McCain said today at a rally, "I don't need to take lessons of truthfulness from a Chicago politician." The old guilt by association tactic. IT WON'T WORK THIS TIME. You see, when you are a PATHLOGICAL LIAR, YOU LIVE IN A LIE AD BELIEVE IT'S THE TRUTH.

Creating doubt and questions which actually have no REAL vallidity, because they are just questions to confuse the populace, throw them off track to what's really at stake, As Senator Obama has said, "these are distractions, SILLI SEASON in Washington," with a vile motive to attack with non-issues to distract from real issues.

We the American populace have heard the "War Hero" story. We've heard about the White hat wearing, Sheriffs Badge Bran danging, Riding in on 'Ole Silver, Boots, Belt Bridle and Fake Reagan imitation of calm, Maverick Story about John McCain. The The Corporate Media has almost totally protected and covered and recreated John McCain as Something he never was. REAL. So now that the red phone moment occurred here at home and McCain knew not what to do...The Corporate Medias Facade of the Maverick has as Peter Murphy said in the song "Your Eyes", "The grand facade so soon did burn" After the smoke is clearing we Now see the REAL McCain.....READY TO FALL APART AT THE SEEMS.

HOW DOES MCCAIN TRY TO RECOVER? HE SAYS, LET'S TURN THE PAGE.......


FORGET ABOUT THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY THE WAR AND OCCUPATION OUR COMMITTING YOUR SON'S AND DAUGHTERS TO A MISTAKE, MY INVOLVEMENT IN TE DEREGULATIONS THAT NEARLY RUINED OUR BANKING SYSTEMS AND LET'S LOOK AT THIS PROPAGANDA AD...

Posted by: need4trth | October 6, 2008 11:02 PM | Report abuse

That URL is http://www.need4trth.blogspot.com

See full KEATING ECONOMICS DOCUMENTARY

Posted by: need4trth | October 6, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately, I don't have hours to spend doing on line research like
this individual did, but I couldn't agree with her more. You can't
believe what the hell the media is putting out there - it's all a bunch
of slanted crap!

I think it's important to send this on so anyone that is open to ideas
and wants what is best for out country can have good information to use
when making up their mind regarding who to vote for. This is not a
political slant, but a REAL person doing research on an individual who
will be in charge of our country. Just read it and make your own
decisions.

This election has me very worried. So many things to
consider. About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I
have changed my mind three times since than. I watch all
the news channels, jumping from one to another. I must say
this drives my husband crazy. But, I feel if you view
MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground
to work with. About six months ago, I started thinking
'where did the money come from for Obama'. I have
four daughters who went to College, and we were middle
class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked
hard and there were lots of student loans.

I started looking into Obama's life.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in
California . He is very open about his two years at
Occidental, he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his
time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply
himself to his studies. 'Barry' (that was the name
he used all his life) during this time had two roommates,
Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan .
During the summer of 1981, after his second year in
college, he made a 'round the world' trip.
Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia , next Hyderabad in
India, three weeks in Karachi, Pakistan where he stayed with
his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his
father's family. My question - Where did he get the
money for this trip? Nether I, nor any one of my children
would have had money for a trip like this when they where in
college. When he came back he started school at Columbia
University in New York . It is at this time he wants
everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the
tuition is at Columbia ? It's not cheap to say the
least! Where did he get money for tuition? Student
Loans? Maybe. After Columbia, he went to Chicago to work as
a Community Organizer for $12,000 a year. Why Chicag?
Why not New York? He was already living in New York.

By 'chance' he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko,
born in Aleppo Syria, and a real estate developer in
Chicago. Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery
this year. Rezko, was named 'Entrepreneur of the
Decade' by the Arab-American Business and Professional
Association'. About two years later, Obama entered
Harvard Law School. Do you have any idea what tuition is
for Harvard Law School? Where did he get the money for Law
School? More student loans? After Law school, he went
back to Chicago. Rezko offered him a job, which he turned
down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill
& Galland. Guess what? They represented
'Rezar' which is Rezko's firm. Rezko was one
of Obama's first major financial contributors when he
ran for office in Chicago. In 2003, Rezko threw an early
fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David
Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with
'seed money' for his U.S. Senate race.
In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwood District
of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price).
With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money
for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita,
purchased the adjoining empty lot for full price. The London
Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire
loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new
home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with
Rezko.

Now, we have Obama running for President. Valerie
Jarrett, was Michele Obama's boss. She is now
Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major
decisions without talking to her first. Where was Jarrett
born? Ready for this? Shiraz, Iran ! Do we see a pattern
here? Or am I going crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley, advisor
to Obama, was 'sacked' after the press found out he
was having regular contacts with 'Hamas', which
controls Gaza and is connected with Iran. This past week,
buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers
reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked
their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is
elected, and he will 'Take care of things'.

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that
where born in Pakistan ? They are in charge of all those
'small' Internet campaign contributions for Obama.
Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle
class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East ?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The
Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on
'This Week' with George Stephanapoulos. Obama on
talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim faith'.
When questioned, 'he made a mistake'. Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would
like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama;
Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited
Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008;
The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information
on my own, Why haven't all of our 'intelligent'
members of the press been reporting this?

A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear - 'Beware of the
enemy from within'!!!

Posted by: John | October 7, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Palin said something about Afghan civilian deaths from airstrikes being a dangerous lie, I'm surprised that that comment went unmentioned in the article.

Posted by: Degas | October 7, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Sen. John McCain clearly won last night's debate.

Democrats for John McCain and Sarah Palin in 2008.

Posted by: Julie | October 8, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Wait...you mean Obama clearly won right? I'm pretty sure that even the Republican CNN analysts marked down a win for Obama, and the polls agreed.

Stop pretending to be a democrat.

Posted by: Shane Karas | October 8, 2008 11:00 AM | Report abuse

What's in the heart comes out via the tongue! >From
> Rush Limbaugh's radio show yesterday.....
>
> "Hey,
> folks, you want to tweak the Drive-By Media with me right
> now? You are
> aware, probably, that Barack Obama lost his bearings
> recently and said
> that he was going to campaign in all 57 states. You heard
> this? And
> everybody chalked it up to, 'Well, he's tired.'
>
> You know, this
> is a Dan Quayle moment. I mean, Dan Quayle goes out there
> and misspells
> 'potato,' and we still hear jokes about it. Barack
> Obama says he's
> gonna go out and campaign in 57 states, he was just tired,
> you know,
> it's been such a long campaign, he's been so many
> places, he probably
> thinks there are 57 states.
>
> Well, I have here a printout from a
> web site called the International Humanist and Ethical
> Union. And here
> is how the second paragraph of an article on that website
> begins.'Every
> year from 1999 to 2005 the organization of the Islamic
> conference
> representing the 57 Islamic states presented a resolution
> to the United
> Nations Commission on human rights called combating...
>
'http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_of_the_Islamic_Conference.'
>
> Obama
> said he's going to campaign in 57 states, and it turns
> out that there
> are 57 Islamic states. There are 57 Islamic states. So did
> Obama just
> lose his bearings, or was this a more telling slip, ladies
> and
> gentlemen? KEEP IT GOING, FOLKS! The kind of change this
> guy has in
> mind will end the modern world as we now know it."



Posted by: Jacko | October 9, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company