UPDATE 3/21: Fund to Aid Family After Trailer Home Fire

Updated 3/21
From today's Metro section:

Friends of the Peterson family, which was devastated by a March 11 Chantilly trailer home fire, have set up a fund to help survivors rebuild their lives. "They've lost everything. Susan doesn't have even a single article of clothing," said Lindsey Swanson, who helped establish the fund to aid survivor Susan Peterson.

Fairfax Fire and Rescue Department officials are still working to identify two people killed in the blaze, but Peterson said her husband, Richard, 60, and her disabled daughter, Sophia, 21, were the victims. Richard had quit work 15 years ago to care for Sophia; he also took care of his wife after she was badly injured in a car accident.

Donations may be sent to the Richard & Sophia Peterson Fund, c/o Wachovia Bank, Bradlee Financial Center, 3624 King St., Alexandria, Va. 22302.

-- Brigid Schulte


Originally posted 3/19
Richard and Sophia Peterson of Chantilly are believed to have died in a fire that started yesterday morning. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue officials said that the blaze was likely caused by an unattended candle. The news is here.

By Focus on Fairfax |  March 19, 2007; 10:26 AM ET  | Category:  Accidents , People , Public Safety
Previous: Couple of Readers on Early Kindergarten Admissions | Next: Connolly Keeps Door Open for 2008 Congressional Run

 
 

© 2010 The Washington Post Company