Nintendo announces 3DS game lineup for U.S.
Nintendo has announced the games that will be available when the hotly anticipated handheld launches in the United States on March 27, for about $250.
There are three titles from Nintendo for early 3DS buyers: Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver and three versions of nintendogs+ cats. Other Nintendo titles to come include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus:Uprising, and new games in the Mario Kart series.
Third-party games available at launch will be:
- Rayman 3D from Ubisoft
- The Sims 3 from Electronic Arts
- Madden NFL Football from EA Sports
- Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition from Capcom
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars from LucasArts
- Ridge Racer 3D from Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Super Monkey Ball 3D from Sega
- Bust-a-Move Universe from Square-Enix, Inc.
- Samurai Warriors: Chronicles from Tecmo Koei America Corp.
- Asphalt 3D from Ubisoft
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D from Ubisoft
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars from Ubisoft
The handheld will launch in Japan on Feb. 26, so stay tuned to Faster Forward for early international reactions this week.
| February 23, 2011; 10:50 AM ET
Categories: Gadgets, Gaming
Save & Share: Previous: Microsoft announces developers kit due this spring
Next: Microsoft's Windows 7 Service Pack 1 does... something