Posted at 10:55 AM ET, 02/10/2011

Verizon iPhone 4 reactions

By Hayley Tsukayama

You've heard from the critics. But what are actual customers saying? Twitter is full of immediate reactions to the Verizon iPhone this morning -- the good, the bad and the indifferent.

I am officially in love with my Verizon iPhone... Android: it was good while it lasted.less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Love my new iPhone! Thanks Verizon it was well worth the wait :)less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

Apparently Verizon iPhone slightly different from AT&T's. Volume button in different spot and cannot talk + browse web at the same time.less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Yay Verizon you finally got the iPhone!! It only took forever. Not that it matters to me. I have Sprint. Love my Evo.less than a minute ago via HTC Peep

Have something to say about your new Verizon iPhone? Sound off in the comments here, then join The Washington Post's T.J. Ortenzi for a Facetime chat with Verizon iPhone owners later this afternoon about its best and worst features.

By Hayley Tsukayama  | February 10, 2011; 10:55 AM ET
Categories:  Apple, Gadgets, Mobile
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Facebook: Obama girls too young for Facebook, anyway
Next: iPad 3 to have Fall 2011 launch? Some say it makes sense

Comments

It's not terribly surprising that there aren't long lines for the Verizon IPhone. Verizon customers have already waited two years to get the IPhone. If they were in an all-fired hurry to get one, they would have jumped to AT&T long ago. They can have theirs delivered to their homes within three days. I pre-ordered mine last Thursday morning and it was in my hot little hand this Monday.

BTW, I'm completely satisfied with the purchase. People can now damn EVOs with the same faint praise they gave to Windows for years. "It's almost as good as an IPhone!"

Posted by: jheath53 | February 10, 2011 11:41 AM | Report abuse

After waiting for 2 years, I see no reason to buy an Iphone NOW. I'll wait until the summer and see what comes then. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for the phone (and the frigging data plan), then I can wait a few more months.

Before I upgrade I have to have some definitive answers on how I'm going to transfer my standalone set up of Outlook data into ANY new phone. So far, there's a lot of "he said/she said" out there regarding that issue, but I see nothing definitive from any vendor (or reporter, for that matter) regarding that issue.

Posted by: henwin | February 10, 2011 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I'm not surprised people aren't lining up in stores. Most of the allure is actually seeing the device for the first time. Normally, we just see Steve up on stage during the keynote, and the store release is our first opportunity to actually touch the device. People already know what this phone looks and feels like, and what it can do - going into the store early in the morning requires the magic that normally comes shrouded behind those uncertainties, and since we know all those answers, there just aren't going to be lines.

Posted by: gnitmada | February 10, 2011 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I got my iphone on monday. It works a lot faster and better than my old droid. I can barely put it down. A LOT more (and better) apps in the marketplace. too bad it is not 4g, but honestly, I do not care. I have tried the Skype video feature in 3 different places in DC and 2 places in Arlington. It worked flawlessly on 3G. I doubt you can find more internet-intensive applications than video chat, so get your iphone with verizon, its pretty awesome.

Posted by: sputnikmoment | February 10, 2011 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I got my iphone quickly. I bought the iphone for one phone number on my account so that I could transfer the upgrade to another phone number. I called verizon for help activating my phone and after 5 hours on the phone(mostly on hold) was told that my phone was defective and needed to be sent back to be replaced at some time in the future not known to the verizon staff I was speaking to at the time. Honestly, I think the phone was fine and the verizon staff flubbed the activation and didn't know how to correct it. I talked to another verizon person who said I could buy a new phone and send back the bad phone for a refund later and in that way would get the new phone next week. So.....have spent 400 dollars for the iphone and don't have an iphone. Verizon in general doesn't train its folks and now I see Verizon wireless is included in this. So can't say how I like my phone yet! Verizon should work at training its folks. You can get wildly different answers depending on who you talk to.

Posted by: sunny2003 | February 10, 2011 4:00 PM | Report abuse

WHoooeeeee!!! Another non-essential, but vital-to-a-certain-age-group device which allows constant contact, promotes brain mush (no need to think when you are connected to just everyone in the universe) and allows the users to report (send a video, ir you're on the wild side . . . ) when reaching for the roll next to the commode . . . is the iPhone great, or what???

Posted by: rep15 | February 10, 2011 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I'm enjoying mine, it's a quality product & the apps do what they're supposed to. And the iPod part of it sounds great.

Posted by: Hattrik | February 10, 2011 5:41 PM | Report abuse

oh, & I still haven't had a call dropped on Verizon.

Posted by: Hattrik | February 10, 2011 5:43 PM | Report abuse

My iPhone is fine but Verizon support and customer service have been horrible. (That's why I dumped my Verizon land line years ago.) The simple process of transferring a prepaid phone number to a new contract is entering its fourth day and remains unresolved. I am livid. I have made several phone calls and trips to Verizon stores and the Apple store. It is only because of the iPhone that I am hanging in there.

Posted by: benshaberman | February 12, 2011 9:04 PM | Report abuse