Postal Service anticipates mailing billions
It's the most wonderful time of the year at the Postal Service, which anticipates mailing billions of letters and cards this month for the holidays.
Postal officials anticipate that sales and volume will be flat versus last year. Regardless -- the numbers are impressive:
• Postal employees will deliver more than 3 billion cards and letters.
• 97 million customers will visit post offices during the month.
• More than 41 million customers will use USPS.com.
• 30 million pounds of mail will be sent overseas to military service members in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• 2.11 billion holiday stamps will be printed.
• Dec. 14 will be the busiest mailing day, when Postal employees can expect to handle more than 830 million cards, letters and packages -- roughly 250 million more pieces than an average day.
Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
The comments to this entry are closed.