The size and scope of Obama's budget
As Washington eagerly (??) anticipates President Obama's FY'11 budget, peruse these facts and figures about its literal size and scope, as provided by the Government Printing Office:
• The budget itself will run 186 pages. The full four-volume set, including the appendix, analytical perspectives and historical tables, totals 2,450 pages.
• GPO will produce 30,968 total copies of the four volumes.
• The agency will also produce 2,975 copies of the full four-volume document on CD-ROM. (Does anyone still use those?!)
• The four volume set weighs approximately 10 pounds.
• Approximately 300 GPO employees will work around the clock to produce the document.
• Some GPO workers have been involved in producing the annual budget for nearly 40 years.
| January 27, 2010; 9:00 AM ET
Categories: Agencies and Departments
Save & Share: Previous: Eye Opener: Estimate: 66,000 gays in the military
Next: Critics pan release of government information
The comments to this entry are closed.