NIH, USDA offices closed due to storms
Offices of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda and U.S. Agriculture Department in Beltsville are closed Monday because of the weekend storms.
The NIH offices closed are:
• 6100 and 6006 Executive Boulevard
• Rockledge 2
• 6610 Rockledge Dr.
• Democracy 1 and 2
• GDC Warehouse
• 6700B Rockledge
• 5635 Fishers Lane
• 9800 Medical Center Drive
Essential NIH personnel still must report for work.
The USDA buildings or offices impacted are:
• George Washington Carver Center: It lost power but should reopen tomorrow. including the National Agricultural Library. Power is out in the main building and other buildings lack phone service.
• The National Agriculture Library: Closed.
• The Beltsville Agricultural Research Center: Open with limited resources and staffing.
All other Washington-area federal offices are operating as normal, according to the Office of Personnel Management.
| July 26, 2010; 10:26 AM ET
Categories: Agencies and Departments, Workplace Issues
Save & Share: Previous: Unbuckling the Beltway
Next: Mailer group wants postage rate request dismissed
Posted by: jiji1 | July 26, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.