Most Congested Intersections in MoCo
Montgomery County has released its 2006 Highway Mobility Report--I know, I know, settle down--and it includes a list of the county's 10 most congested intersections. Here they are, ranked in order of congestion:
1. Georgia Avenue (MD 97) at Forest Glen Road
2. Rockville Pike (MD 355) at Cedar Lane
3. Great Seneca Highway (MD 119) at Muddy Branch Road
4. Rockville Pike (MD 355) at South Drive/Wood Road
5. Columbia Pike (US 29) at Southwood Avenue
6. Frederick Road (MD 355) at Ridge Road (MD 27)
7. Connecticut Avenue (MD 185) at Jones Bridge Road
8. Connecticut Avenue (MD 195) at University Boulevard (MD 193)
9. Frederick Road (MD 355) at King Farm Boulevard
10. Rockville Pike (MD 355) at Pooks Hill Road
Seven of the 10 intersections have been on the list for at least two years, which means things aren't exactly getting better. The biggest losers this year are the people who travel through Connecticut Avenue (MD 185) at University Boulevard (MD 193), which leapt from #62 last year all the way into this year's top 10. Youch. Anyone out there travel through this intersection? Wanna tell us how bad it's gotten in the last year?
And, yes, for those of you wondering, there really is a Pooks Hill Road.
Read the full report here.
The comments to this entry are closed.