Downtown D.C. Street Closings on Sunday
It's the Year of the Ox. The Chinese New Year parade starts at 2 p.m. on Sunday in the 500 block of I (Eye) Street NW and ends in the 600 block of H Street NW, in Washington's Chinatown.
D.C. police put out this list of street closures for Sunday:
* H Street NW between 6th and 7th streets from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* I Street NW between 5th and 6th streets from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* I Street, NW, between 5 th and 7 th Streets, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* 7th Street NW between I and G streets from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
* G Street, NW between 7th and 9th streets from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* 8 th Street NW between G and H streets from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* H Street, NW between 8th and 6th Streets from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* 6th Street NW between Massachusetts Avenue and G Street from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Police say that the list could change based on Sunday's conditions.
No vehicles will be allowed to park along the parade route from 7 a.m. until the parade has ended and the streets are reopened. Watch for temporary no parking signs.
The nearest rail station is at Gallery Place on the Red, Green and Yellow lines.
Here's a map of the area.
Posted by: jho3 | January 30, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.