Montgomery County Proposes Bus Cuts
As part of addressing budget shortfalls this year, Mongomery County has proposed several cuts and changes to its RideOn bus services. A public forum will be held at 6:30 p.m. on March 24 at the Executive Office Building Cafeteria, Terrace Level, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville. A list of proposed changes follows. To see the routes being discussed, see RideOn's Web site.
- Eliminate weekday service on Routes 3, 7, 31, 53 and 93.
- Eliminate Saturday service on Routes 29, 98, L8, T2 and Z2.
- Eliminate Sunday service on Routes 83, L8 and T2.
- Discontinue weekday service on the Route 32 Woodrock Extension.
- Eliminate service to Fallsgrove on Route 43.
- Reduce frequency of Route 43 during peak periods, and Route 15 in the evening, all days (Monday through Sunday).
- Reduce regular evening service on weekday Routes 17, 34, 49, 57, 61 and 83; on Saturday Routes 17 and 34 and on Sunday routes 34 and 56. Certain trips will continue to operate on these routes later into evening after regular 30 minute service ends.
- Restructure Routes 6 and 37 and Routes 18 and 25.
Christopher Dean Hopkins
March 16, 2009; 5:01 PM ET
Categories: Transportation Politics , transit
Save & Share: Previous: Commuter Alert: I-95 Work Postponed Until Tuesday
Next: Maryland Replacing Route 29 Bridge
Posted by: subwayguy | March 17, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: wondering27 | March 17, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: anarcho-liberal-tarian | March 19, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.