Alexandria Considering DASH Bus Cuts
This is what DASH may do in July.
* Eliminate weekday midday, Saturday and Sunday service on the AT3-4 between the Braddock Road Metro station and City Hall and Hunting Towers.
* Eliminate weekday midday and Saturday service on the AT4
* Eliminate service to the Lee Center. No service on South Royal, Gibbon and Franklin streets, or on South Payne, Jefferson and South Fayette except during the weekday peak period on the AT7.
* Service between Slaters Lane and Braddock Road Metro station would be provided by an extension of the AT2 during off-peak periods.
* Eliminate weekday midday, Saturday and Sunday service on the AT2 between the King Street and Braddock Road Metro stations.
* Service between Bashford Lane and Braddock Road Station would be provided by an extension of the AT2 during off-peak periods.
As with the other bus services, DASH said it targeted the least-heavily used buses and routes that have some alternative service available.
And as with the other transit services, DASH's cutbacks are based on declining government revenue in the bad economy.
The public hearing is scheduled for April 26 at 5:30 p.m., in the Sister Cities Conference Room 1101 in City Hall.
Posted by: crhamilton | April 1, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: clator | April 2, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.