The Week Ahead on Virginia HOT Lanes
Each week, the Virginia Megaprojects office, the one that coordinates the work of the half dozen huge public works that could affect your travels, provides a list of what drivers can expect to see.
This is the list of daytime work for the HOT lanes (high occupancy/toll) project.
* The left lanes in both directions of Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) will close at the Capital Beltway interchange, between the Westpark Drive Bridge and the Capital One building. This is the biggest impact so far of the project and will continue through November. See Sunday's Commuter page for more details.
* Expect single lane closures during the day on the Beltway and on some ramps within the project area. These are not at rush hour.
* All Gallows Road traffic has been shifted for bridge demolition. See this Megaprojects page for details.
* All Braddock Road traffic has been shifted for bridge construction. See this Megaprojects page for details. Use this link to see the pedestrian detour from the Braddock Road Bridge. Travelers also can use Fairfax Connector Route 306 or Metrobus routes 17A, 17G or 17M across the bridge.
* The left lanes of Arlington Boulevard (Route 50) under the Beltway will be closed for the next month. Read more about that closure by using this link.
April 20, 2009; 7:35 AM ET
Categories: Congestion , Construction , Driving
Save & Share: Previous: District Rebuilding Bridge Over NY Avenue
Next: Traffic, Transit Discussion at Noon Today
Posted by: thetan | April 20, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: ssolomo | April 20, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.