Must Be the Season of the Bridge
We spent some time in today's online discussion talking about the impact of the 14th Street Bridges rehab and the 11th Street Bridges reconstruction in the District. Now comes word that Maryland will begin cleaning and repainting 10 bridges in Prince George's County.
Here are the specifics about this $1.5 million project, using federal stimulus money.
* Indian Head Highway over Henson Creek
* Both directions along Route 50 over Route 193 (Enterprise Road)
* Route 50 over Route 704 (Martin Luther King Jr. Highway)
* Both directions along Route 4 (Pennsylvania Avenue) over Route 301
* Westbound Route 4 (Pennsylvania Avenue) over Route 980D (Ritchie Marlboro Road)
* Glenarden Parkway over the Capital Beltway
* The Capital Beltway over Route 414 (St. Barnabas Road)
The cleaning and repainting includes stripping and repainting the steel beams and bridge structures. All the work won't be complete till fall 2010.
But the traffic delays are likely to be minimal, the Maryland State Highway Administration says. There can be single-lane closings between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays, and there may be double-lane closings between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Posted by: ssolomo | May 5, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.