The Week Ahead at Wilson Bridge Project
Lots going on along the Capital Beltway near the Wilson Bridge this week and for weeks to come.
Bridge at Telegraph Road Interchange
The placement of the steel beams over the Beltway is a big job, and a high-impact one, as far as travelers are concerned. Because multiple lanes have to be shut down, this one can back up traffic for miles, and it's best to find another way when the work is underway.
[5:30 p.m. Update: Monday night work cancelled because of rain.]
Timing: Tuesday Through Thursday, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Highlight: Outer loop reduced to one lane; some ramps closed
* Traffic from east of the Eisenhower Avenue Connector to east of Telegraph Road will be narrowed to one lane.
* Exit ramps from the outer loop to Telegraph Road will remain open.
* Traffic will be limited to the outer loop Local Lanes after the constriction point, with no access to the Thru Lanes.
* Ramps from Telegraph Road to the outer loop will be closed. Detour: Huntington Avenue eastbound to Route 1 northbound.
Highlight: Inner loop reduced to two lanes, some ramps closed.
* From west of Route 1 to west of Telegraph Road, the inner loop Thru and Local Lanes will be tapered down to one lane each.
* Ramps to Pershing Avenue and Telegraph Road northbound and southbound will remain open.
* Ramp to the inner loop from Telegraph Road northbound will be closed. Detour: Pershing Avenue to Stovall Street to Eisenhower Avenue to the Eisenhower Connector.
Highlight: Paving on both sides of Potomac through July.
* Work on Local Lanes from Route 5 to the Wilson Bridge will require overnight lane closings into mid-June.
* Work on Local Lanes from the Wilson Bridge to Route 5 will require overnight lane closings from mid-June to the end of July.
* Work on Local and Thru Lanes on both loops from the Wilson Bridge to east of Route 1 will require overnight lane closings through early June.
May 4, 2009; 10:00 AM ET
Categories: Construction , Driving , Wilson Bridge
Save & Share: Previous: Commuter Alert: 18th Street Reopened at I Street After Suspicious Package Cleared
Next: Traffic Alert: Delays at 15th Street NW and Constitution NW
Posted by: wlevey | May 4, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: jbartelloni | May 4, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.