What's Up This Week on Metrorail Construction
There are so many big projects underway along major commuter routes in Northern Virginia, that it's hard to give you a proper accounting of all the work that might affect your travels. But let's spotlight the Metrorail extension project in Tysons.
Here's what drivers will see this week:
* The right lane of Scotts Crossing Road is closed at Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) weekdays.
* The right lane of northbound Spring Hill Road is closed overnight just before Leesburg Pike (Route 7) through Friday night.
* The ramp from westbound Route 7 to the eastbound Dulles Toll Road will be closed tonight through Thursday night. Use this link to see a detour route.
* The right lane of eastbound Route 7 is closed at Spring Hill Road today through Friday.
* The right lane of eastbound Route 7 is closed overnight at Tyco Road and Westwood Center Drive through Thursday night.
* The left lane of northbound Westwood Center Drive is closed overnight at Route 7 through Thursday night.
* There are overnight closures in both directions of Westpark Drive at Route 7 through Friday night.
* The right through and turn lanes of southbound Route 123 are closed from Scotts Crossing to Capital One Drive through Friday night.
* One right turn lane of Chain Bridge Road is closed during the day at International Drive today and Wednesday.
* Three left turn lanes of westbound Colshire Drive will be closed at Dolley Madison Boulevard tonight and Wednesday night.
* Asphalt patching will close one through lane at a time on eastbound Colshire Drive during daytime hours at Route 123 tonight and Wednesday night.
Well, that was exhausting. There's a lot more coming on this project in the next few months, particularly along Route 7 and at the junction with Route 123. (What drivers see along Route 123 near the Capital Beltway is the HOT lanes construction project.) How will they ever put Tysons back together again?
The comments to this entry are closed.