D.C., Arlington July 4 Street Closures
Since a lot of posts have appeared since Bob Thomson first posted these closures, we wanted to repost them to make sure everybody knew the closures impacting the area tomorrow.
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
Law enforcement officials have announced road closures around the Mall for the July 4 festivities.
The following streets will be closed between roughly 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.:
- 4th Street from Independence Avenue, SW to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 7th Street from Independence Avenue, SW to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 15th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to Maine Avenue, SW
- 17th Street from Independence Avenue, SW to E Street, NW
- 18th Street from Constitution Avenue and Virginia Avenue
- 19th Street, NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 20th Street, NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 21st Street, NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 22nd Street, NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 23rd Street from Independence Avenue, SW to C Street, NW
- C and D Streets, NW from 17th Street to 18th Street
- Madison and Jefferson Drives from 15th Street to 3rd Street
- Virginia Avenue, NW from 18th Street to Constitution Avenue
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 14th Street to 23rd Street.
- Independence Avenue, SW from 14th Street to 23rd Street
- Memorial Bridge
- Rock Creek Parkway south of Virginia Avenue to Lincoln Memorial Circle
- Lincoln Memorial Circle and all approaches and ramps
- Ohio Drive, SW from the Inlet Bridge to Independence Avenue
- West Basin Drive, SW from Ohio Drive to Independence Avenue
The Theodore Roosevelt Bridge will remain open, but all inbound traffic must exit onto E Street. There will be no access to Constitution Avenue.
The 9th Street Tunnel and the 12th Street Tunnel will remain open except during the Independence Day Parade, which will begin at about 11:45 am and conclude at about 2:30 pm.
The following streets will be closed between about 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. for the parade:
- Constitution Avenue from 6th Street to 14th Street
- 7th and 15th Streets from Constitution Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue
- 9th, 10th, 12th and 14th Streets from Constitution Ave. to Pennsylvania Ave
- Virginia Avenue from Constitution Avenue to 21st Street
- 14th Street from Independence to Pennsylvania (Will remain closed after the parade until 11 pm)
- 3rd Street from Maryland Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue (Will remain closed after parade until 11 pm)
Parking throughout the area will be extremely limited. Residents and visitors are encouraged to take public transportation or bike to the festivities. The National Park Service and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) will provide free valet parking at two locations between 2 p.m. until 10:30 p.m.: at the corner of 15th Street and Independence Avenue, SW, and on the South side of the Lincoln Memorial. For more information, visit www.waba.org.
For more information about Independence Day events on the Mall, visit www.nps.gov/dc/july4th.
For more information about July 4 activities and road closures in Arlington, please visit www.arlingtonva.us.
The following street will be closed for the National Archives July 4 Celebration between 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.:
- Constitution Avenue, NW from 7th Street to 10th Street
The following street will be closed for the Palisades July 4 Parade from 11 am until 12:30 pm:
- MacArthur Boulevard, NW from Reservoir Road to Arizona Avenue
The Arlington County Police Department has announced the following closures:
- From 6:00 a.m. to midnight: Memorial Bridge/Memorial Circle and the Iwo Jima Marine Corps Memorial
- From 1:00 p.m. to midnight: Eastbound Washington Blvd. between I-395 (exit 8B) and Memorial Bridge • N. Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 • Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street • Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive • Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit) • Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- From 5:00 p.m. to midnight: Eastbound Route 50 at N. Pershing Drive (detour at N. Barton Street or Washington Blvd.)
- From 7:00 p.m. to midnight: Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and the Pentagon • S. Joyce Street from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike • South Gate Road from S. Oak Street to Columbia Pike • Ramp from westbound Washington Blvd. to westbound Columbia Pike • Ramp from westbound Washington Blvd. to eastbound Columbia Pike
- From 8:30 p.m. to midnight: Ft. Myer Drive from Wilson Blvd. to the Meade St. bridge (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Employees requiring access to the Pentagon should enter South Parking from Army-Navy Drive or North Parking from Boundary Channel Drive.
July 3, 2009; 12:30 PM ET
Categories: Advisories , Congestion , Driving , Events
Save & Share: Previous: Operation Fast Forward Set For Tomorrow After Fireworks
Next: Some Things About Getting Around on July 4 (Reposted)
The comments to this entry are closed.