I-95 to Face Disruptions for ICC Work

Some Montgomery County traffic lanes on Interstate 95 will be closed or shifted at night beginning this week to allow for construction work on the Intercounty Connector.

The closures will occur in both northbound and southbound directions from the Route 198 interchange to the Route 212 interchange. Northbound single-lane closures will begin at 8 p.m. and double-lane closures will begin at 11 p.m. Southbound single-lane closures will begin at 7 p.m. and double-lane closures will begin at 11 p.m. The altered traffic patterns are scheduled to continue until Sept. 29.

Portable message signs will be in place to inform motorists of the lane shifts.

-- Ashley Halsey III

By Mike McPhate  |  August 17, 2009; 4:16 PM ET
Categories:  Advisories , Driving , intercounty connector
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Route 123 Northbound Ramp Closed in Tysons
Next: Traffic Alert: New Hampshire Ave. Reopened in Ashton, Md.

Comments

Actually, those interchanges are in Prince George's County, not Montgomery. I-95 doesn't run through Montgomery at all.

Posted by: MikeR545 | August 17, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

When did I-95 move into Monkey County?

Posted by: Robbnitafl | August 17, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I didn't feel the earthquake...

Posted by: ceebee2 | August 17, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

So now Montgomery even gets to take our roads?

Posted by: EricS2 | August 17, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

three of four comments are really stupid. good WaPo average.

Posted by: axolotl | August 17, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

I can't talk to this Dr. G. He got mad when I pointed out an error and has not answered since.

Posted by: GaryEMasters | August 17, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

The Inter County Connector! It will go it the hall of World's Worst Ideas probably only after it is finished. Who decided to build it anyway? The Purple Line will likely go in the hall of World's Biggest Regrets.

Posted by: ajformica | August 17, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

GaryEMasters, this entry wasn't posted by Dr. Gridlock. It was written by the new transportation reporter, Ashley Halsey III (I assume that's a "he" given the suffix). Dr. Gridlock is pretty prompt about making corrections to his typos in my experience; Mr. Halsey...who knows.

Posted by: 1995hoo | August 17, 2009 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Is the write an intern from a DC Charter School?

Suggest ADC Map.

Suggest Google Map.

Suggest Map Quest.

Suggest GPS.

Suggest Rand McNally.

Suggest anything for a writer to check for accuracy in that I-95 in no way shape or form is located in Montgomery County, Md.

Posted by: mdpilot | August 17, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

LOL -- PG County gets no respect. But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT to drive on the ICC! Man I wish it was open when I went to University of Maryland. Once it is open, I'm going to Sole D'Italia on Layhill Road. It's too hard to get to now. If I'm induced demand, then so be it! I want pizza and really don't want to risk my life on Bel Pre Road or Norbeck!

Posted by: commuter1971 | August 18, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse