Maryland and Virginia headaches this morning
A day of rain followed by gusty winds this morning (continuing through the day) are a bad combination for commuters. Here's some of what's happening in Maryland and Virginia this morning:
UPDATE: Montgomery County Police say US 29 remains closed at Lockwood Drive. Traffic continues to be diverted at New Hampshire Avenue, while Pepco works to repair the power outages.
- US 29 South is closed at Lockwood Drive due to a downed tree and wires, blocking a major avenue to the Beltway.
- MD 28 was closed in both directions at MD 109 earlier this morning, and MD 109 is still closed to eastbound traffic due to a downed tree and wires.
- There's an accident in Damascus on Woodfield Road/124, in front of Woodfield Elementary School.
- An accident at Connecticut Avenue and Randolph Road.
There's a lot of stuff already wrapped up in Virginia, but it's leaving residual delays:
- I-395 North at King Street and 14th Street Bridge had delays due to accidents/disabled vehicles.
- I-66, the exit to Route 50, also had a delay, but the vehicles involved were moved to the shoulder.
- I-495 South at Braddock Road had delays due to a disabled vehicle, and even after it was moved the delays remained earlier this morning.
- The GW Parkway had delays northbound due to a disabled vehicle at Turkey Run, but that was moved and cleared up.
The comments to this entry are closed.