Street closings for State of the Union speech begin at 7 p.m.
UPDATE: The street closings will now begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Capitol Police.
Original Post: The U.S. Capitol Police have provided this information about Capitol Hill street closings on Wednesday evening, while President Obama delivers the State of the Union address. See a map.
Capitol Square will be restricted to authorized pedestrians only starting at 6 p.m. Wednesday. These streets near the Capitol will close from 7:30 p.m. Wednesday until the end of the session:
- D Street between 2nd Street NE & Louisiana Avenue NW
- C Street between 2nd Street NE & Louisiana Avenue NW
- Constitution Avenue between 2nd Street NE & Louisiana Avenue NW
- Delaware Avenue between Columbus Circle & Constitution Avenue NE
- New Jersey Avenue between Louisiana Avenue NW & D Street NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue between 1st Street NW & 3rd Street NW
- East Capitol Street between 2nd Street & 1st Street
- 1st Street between Columbus Circle NE & C Street SE
- 1st Street between Louisiana Avenue NW and Washington Avenue SW
- Maryland Avenue between 1st Street SW & 3rd Street SW
- Independence Avenue between 2nd Street SE & Washington Avenue SW
- C Street between 1st Street SE & Washington Avenue SW
- Delaware Avenue between Washington Avenue SW & C Street SW
- New Jersey Avenue between Independence Avenue SE & D Street SE
- South Capitol Street between Independence Avenue & D Street
Metrobus Routes 32, 36 (Pennsylvania Avenue Line), 34 (Naylor Road Line) and 96 (East Capitol Street/Cardozo Line) will be rerouted from 7 p.m. until President Obama leaves the Capitol.
Maryland commuter bus
The Maryland Transit Administration is asking commuters who take Trip 25 on Route 929 to arrive at their stops on Independence Avenue well ahead of departure time in the event there is a detour.
January 27, 2010; 12:30 PM ET
Categories: Advisories , Driving , Events | Tags: Dr. Gridlock, street closings
Save & Share: Previous: Alexandria DASH bus considers fare hike
Next: Big Beltway detour in Tysons overnight Friday
Posted by: TakeResponsibilityforYourself | January 26, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: member5 | January 26, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: TheMatt | January 26, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: 1995hoo | January 26, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: member8 | January 26, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Chris737 | January 26, 2010 9:55 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: member8 | January 27, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: 1995hoo | January 28, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.