Headaches on the horizon
Despite today's snow, the regularly scheduled overnight work on the Capital Beltway HOT lanes project and on the Dulles Metrorail project in Northern Virginia is scheduled to proceed.
These lane closings are scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
HOT lanes project
- Three right lanes closed on I-495 north at Lee Highway (Route 29) overpass for steel beam erection. Expect full intermittent road closures up to 30 minutes after midnight.
- Two right lanes closed on Arlington Boulevard (Route 50) east and west at I-495 for demolition work. Expect full intermittent road closures up to 30 minutes after midnight.
- Two left lanes on Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) north at I-495 will close for bridge work.
Dulles Metrorail project
- Right turn lane and single right lane on Dolley Madison Boulevard (Route 123) south will close from Scotts Crossing to I-495 for utility work.
- Two left turn lanes on Dolley Madison Boulevard (Route 123) north will close at Capital One Drive for utility work.
- Two left turn lanes of Capital One Drive south will close at Dolley Madison Boulevard (Route 123) for utility work.
- A single right lane of Leesburg Pike (Route 7) east and west at Spring Hill Road will close for utility work.
- A single left turn lane from Old Meadow Road to Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) will close for utility work.
- Two right turn lanes from Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) south to Tysons Boulevard will close for utility work. Traffic will be directed to continue south on Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) and make a right onto International Drive and make a right onto Galleria Drive to Tysons Boulevard.
- Red Line: Riders between Medical Center and Grosvenor should add at least 20 minutes to their normal travel time from 8 p.m. through the rail system's midnight closing.
- Blue Line: Riders between Stadium-Armory and Addison Road should add at least half an hour to normal travel times from 9:30 p.m. through the midnight closing.
- Blue and Orange lines: Passengers between Foggy Bottom and Clarendon (Orange Line) and between Foggy Bottom and Arlington Cemetery (Blue Line) should add at least a half hour to normal travel times from 9:30 p.m. to the midnight closing.
February 3, 2010; 7:00 PM ET
Categories: Advisories | Tags: Dr. Gridlock, Headaches on the horizon
Save & Share: Previous: Lane closure on Clara Barton Parkway at Lock 7 Wednesday night
Next: Significant snowfall beginning Friday could make commuting difficult on roads and rail
The comments to this entry are closed.