Power out? Tell us about it

With strong winds and more snow expected throughout the day, experts are predicting at least some new power outages in the Washington region. If you are experiencing an outage, please help us get the word out by posting your location, when the outage occurred, and how you are dealing with the situation. If you are a Twitter user, please consider tweeting your report using the hashtag #poweroutage.

By Michael Bolden  |  February 10, 2010; 11:39 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Metro single-tracking Wednesday
Next: D.C. ambulance crews struggling

Comments

...how often, precisely, do people without power have internet access or working computers? Only the users of 3G phones could see this, if they didn't have power, because the cable modems and routers don't have electricity, even if someone's laptop battery does...

Posted by: EtoilePB | February 10, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

To answer EtoilePB, people who have nice neighbors (who still have power) may be able to tell us what's up with power outages as well. Let's wait to see what comes in.

Posted by: fairfaxvoter | February 10, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

uh, fairfaxvoter, if your power is out, your neighbours' power is most likely also out. I'm with EtoilePB on this -- this is silly since it won't be seen or responded to by anyone affected. And the proof is in the pudding -- it's now nearly four hours after the original request and no responses . . . !

Posted by: 7900rmc | February 10, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

This reminds me of watching TV on Saturday when the idiot news guy on one of the stations talked about how your laptop can still be a great resource in a power outage if you have a full battery...

Anyone else have internet that works when there is no power? I sure don't.

I suppose I could tether my phone, but that is a huge waste of what could be precious battery life. Just like how posting on the Washington Post's comment section would be if I was down to my phone as the only source of internet I had.

Posted by: BurtReynolds | February 10, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

The power is out on several floors at DC Gov's One Judiciary Square building (441 4th St.). 6th, 5th, 10th and the basement. "Engineers will address first thing in the morning." We got an email.

Good thing we didn't go in today!

Posted by: cbr1 | February 10, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse