Ride home a challenge for some
The commutes over the last few days have been difficult at best. Here are some of the areas we're watching this afternoon:
4:55 p.m. Update: Georgia Avenue southbound at Aspen Hill Road: An accident blocks the right lane.
Connecticut Avenue northbound between East-West Highway and Jones Bridge Road: Snow blocks the right lane.
New York Avenue at Florida Avenue: Traffic signals working incorrectly.
3:50 p.m.: dcfireems just tweeted that the agency is assisting with the investigation of a suspicioous package in the 1300 block of I Street NW. Expect traffic delays in the area.
I-95 northbound after BW Parkway: object in the roadway.
Pennsylvania Avenue SE southbound after I-295: numerous potholes reported.
East Capitol Street eastbound at Kenilworth Avenue: Only one lane gets by while snow plows are operating.
The latest from Metro on limited bus service on some routes, which is all subject to change:
- 52: Bypassing 12th Street and Maryland Avenue SW. Operating via Independence Avenue to 6th Street SW.
- 6: Bypassing Hillcrest. Operating via Branch Avenue.
- M4: Bypassing Military Road and 30th Place NW. Operating via Nebraska Avenue.
- 8P,18S: Bypassing Oak Leather neighborhood. Operating via Burke Center Parkway, to Burke Lake Road to Shiplett Boulevard.
- N8: Bypassing Glover Park. Continuing Cathedral Avenue to New Mexico Avenue NW.
- E2,E4: Bypassing 30th Place NW. Continuing Connecticut Avenue.
- V7,V9: Cutting back at L'Enfant Plaza.
- F8: Bypassing Lebanon Street Service Roadway. Operating via University Boulevard to Merrimac Drive.
- 17G,17H,17L,18R,2T,3T,9S,C12,E6,G8,U5,U6,U8: Snow emergency route service.
- 16B,16J: Bypassing Culmore, operating via Glen Carlyn Drive.
- P12: Bypassing Deal Drive.
- G2: Route is cutting back at Wisconsin Avenue and Dumbarton Street NW.
- D1,D2: Route is cutting back at 35th Street and Whitehaven Parkway NW.
Posted by: busgirl1 | February 17, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: WashingtonDame | February 17, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.