Snow removal information for the D.C. region
The snow just doesn't seem to quit. Here is some information on snow removal and where you can turn for help if you need an area cleared once the snow trails off. Keep in mind that in most jurisdictions, property owners are responsible for clearing adjacent sidewalks after a snowstorm. There will be a lot of shoveling ahead.
- Alexandria snow removal information: Visit the snow report Web site of call the snow emergency hotline at 703.746.4488.
- Arlington County's snow removal information is here. In the past, officials have said the hilly terrain in sections A, C, and D means it takes longer to clear those areas.
- The Viriginia Department of Transportation is responsible for snow removal in Fairfax County.
- You can also visit Virginia 511 for the latest information Virginia road conditions.
- Track snow plows in the District here. The District Department of Information checks tweets sent to DDOTDC. You can also call the Mayor's Call Center at 311 or complete a form on the Web site.
- Check Montgomery County snow removal here. Check to make sure the county is responsible for you street, and not one of the local jurisdictions or the state of Maryland, which plows numbered state routes. Here is a link with more information on who clears snow. You can report the problem to Montgomery County using this link or by calling 240-777-6000.
- Prince George's County snow information is here.
- State of Maryland snow information
February 2, 2010; 9:43 AM ET
Categories: Advisories , Weather , highways | Tags: Metro, metro safety
Save & Share: Previous: Crash on the Red Line is second one in a week
Next: Agencies deploy snow crews to help minimize rush-hour headaches
Posted by: yeswecan3 | February 7, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: SoloOwl | February 7, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Chris543 | February 7, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FrankMonzon | February 8, 2010 5:11 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: rose33 | February 8, 2010 7:21 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: rmcobb | February 8, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: dcpost1 | February 8, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: ajwtdr | February 8, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CLR1 | February 11, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Walkernupe2 | February 12, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: tforbes1 | February 14, 2010 6:14 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: pac2 | February 15, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.